NEWBIE advice for small cold water tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kingy

Reaction score
Hi all,

was just browsing your forums for some advice for stocking and maintaining a small cold water tank. Up to visiting these forums i assumed I could just put a few goldfish in and they would be fine. However, it seems that goldfish shouldn't be used in tanks so now i need to know what I can put in my small tank without being cruel.

The tank is only 24"l x 12"h x 9"deep and i have just installed a new filter. I realise i have to wait a while until introducing new fish but now need some advice on what exactly i can introduce :eek:

Any help appreciated

:hi: To the forums
You can have White cloud mountain minnows, Zebra danios, leopard danios and hillstream loches all are a subtropical or coldwater fish.

Do some research on the one(s) you like and then go ahead.
for instance wcm's are available in two colours and so are zebra danios, they are also available in longfined varieties.

Hillstream Loaches are coldwater fish, Danio ;)

I think with a tank that size you might be better going for a small tropical tank instead as there's more variety.

:)

A Tropical tank would offer more options. However, if you would like a coldwater tank a species of Minnow would be a good idea, in such a set-up you could create a fast water current and furnish with smooth stones and broad leaved plants to create a tank for Hillstream Loaches and a Minnow species.

Thanks for fast replies. If I were to go for tropical I take it i just need to buy a heater and everything else is okay? I want the easiest option i can get, ie: fish that wont die easily at the hands of a learner.

Any recommendations for suitable tropical breeds?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back