New to todays world of aquariums.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dena Davis

Reaction score
I have a 75 gallon freshwater tropical running Fluval XR6. I noticed this morning when it did the 12 hour interval no air was released. Hoses are good and the intake and output are working. Is this something to be concerned with? I will be twelve hours again at 8PM. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What are you talking about when you say the 12 hour interval no air was released?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What are you talking about when you say the 12 hour interval no air was released?
Thank you for the response I was referring to when the canaster shuts down for 2 minutes then releases air. I have only seen it happen once. It released the air this morning. Thank You

Canister filters should not stop at any time and they shouldn't be getting air build up in them. If there is air getting into the filter it is either being drawn in through the intake tube (possibly from air bubbles in the tank), or the filter is leaking and sucking in air.

r the filter is leaking and sucking in air

This is why you need to make sure any pipework is fitted correctly as it can create microbubbles in the water, especially if the outflow isn't creating much turbulence in the water. these can have a serious effect on fish gills.

I have a 75 gallon freshwater tropical running Fluval XR6. I noticed this morning when it did the 12 hour interval no air was released. Hoses are good and the intake and output are working. Is this something to be concerned with? I will be twelve hours again at 8PM. Thanks
Do you mean an Fx6? Fx6 canister filters are programmed to do that in case any air got into the filter, it is to ensure that the filter is always doing it's best performance possible, and the filter may stop for a little, but no air comes out, that could mean you filter has no air in it.

Most reactions

trending

Back