New to African Cichlid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DanteNara

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post :). I have some questions that I hope you all can help answer.

As the title suggest, I'm new to the world of African Cichlid. And i just got my first batch of cichlids 5 days ago. The tank measurements is 120(L)×60(W)×60(H) cm, and the current stockings are:
1 Aulonocara Red Flush (2")
1 Aulonocara Red Rubin (2")
1 Aulonocara Red German (2")
5 OB peacock (2")
1 Aulonocara Baenschi (1.5")
1 Aulonocara Dragon Blood (2")
1 Cyrtocara Albino Moori (1.5")

Now the questions are:
1) Is my tank understocked? How many fish can I put in my tank?

2) I have plan to purchase several more strains of Aulonocara such as The Sulfurhead and Red Eureka. But, can I put other fish outside of the Peacock family?. I really like the colour of Electric Blue Hap, pseudotropheus Socolofi, Yellow Lab, Yellow/White Tail Acei. Would any of these fish be a problem for my current stock? Or can you give me some recommendation if you like.

3) Will the Albino version present a problem for the regular one? Said, I want an Albino Aulonocara Dragon Blood (who have red eyes, and more white then orange)..will my regular Dragon Blood see him as a rival? Or will it see as a completely different fish/colour.

Many of the sellers in my country said there would not be any problem, but I'm not sure. So I stalled from buying more fish until i got more information.

All of your suggestions would be appreciated.
(Sorry if you dont understand my english, english is not my first language)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back