new tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

renaldz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi there i have recently bought a new tank and have done everything i should to set it up ect. I have added my water and the treatments and the water is cloudy???? wat should i do? i have not turned the filter on yet as i thought best not too. help me please
thanks
renaldz

Turn the filter on, all newly setup tanks are cloudy when first setup.

What kind of filter have you got? If it's an external one make sure that the intake tube is above the sand level before you switch it on.

yer it is a wet-dry filter where the tube goes quite far down in my tank. so what i should do is make sure the bottom is not touching the sand and turn it on? will this help get rid of the cloudiness??
thanks
renaldz

also if the filter is not on it will not get any of the necersary bacteria growing init as there will be no ammonia etc going through it

yer it is a wet-dry filter where the tube goes quite far down in my tank. so what i should do is make sure the bottom is not touching the sand and turn it on? will this help get rid of the cloudiness??

Yes,once the filter is running the cloudiness should go away after a day or so.

Did you clean the sand properly? When I added my first water it went cloudy so I emptied 80% of the water and washed the sand throughly, then emptied the rest and added new water.

I had to repeat again before it eventually went clear.

Most reactions

trending

Back