"new" Tank

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

I love the fake plants! 2/3 of my tanks are colorful (one having a few real plants as well) but it's nice :D

daizeUK said:
As for barbs eating them, not sure about crypts but I think anubias, java fern and moss are fairly safe from most fish, they won't get eaten easily!
Ā 
Tiger Barbs at work destroyed several pots of Anubias I put in there :D Literal stumps within a few days.

My tiger barbs are destroying my anubia. Every new little leaf that tries to unfurl is soon consumed. Arghhhh!

Firstly I would like to say well done in redoing your tank
good.gif
Ā 
I am not a fan of plastic plants i'm afraid. Think how awesome it would look with lowĀ maintenanceĀ plants like twisted vallis, cabomba, wisteria and anubias (even though I managed to kill mineĀ 
whistling.gif
) Maybe something to look into.Ā 
My tiger barbs keep my wisteria under control lol.Ā 

Im a fan of plastic /silk plants but i think there is way too much colour in there .
i tend to stay with 2 colours green & purple/red , look really well with my black sand .
I do like your set-up though well done .
Ā 
End of the day if you have just invested in new plastic plants ..Enjoy them for a while & move over to live plants when your ready !!!
Im loving my silk plants at the min ,have only been into this hobby/addiction since January of this year & have just upgraded from a 90l to a 200l & will go live plants probably in a year .
Enjoy your set upĀ 
good.gif

This is my 200l tank with mostly 'Sydeco' silk & plastic plants .
Only been set up for 5 days ,moved from my 90l & obviously the set up now looks a bit daft as my plants look a bit small as the tank is very deep so i am going to invest in 40/50cm silk sydeco plants & buy a large centrepiece bogwood .
Think i will attach some live moss onto it & see how i go with it .
Ā 
Like i said in my earlier post , i would stick with two colours of plants .
Ā 

Wow that looks great! I have been working on my driftwood lately, i have a few pieces that i would like to use, and I'm just starting on my coconut caves :) i picked up some hornwort and just let it float in the tank and it was doing ok. Yestarday i snipped a couple pieces and put them in the substrate, I will see how they grow down there. What I would really like is a good carpet plant!

Hornwort has no roots has it ? so it doesn't need to go in the substrate i don't think smiles .
Ā 
I think this site has a section on plants ..worth a browse .
Ā 
Good luck with it allĀ 
good.gif

Ya I just pushed a small bit of the bottom stem into the sand. Just an experiment to see how it works, figure its worth a shot! I've also just purchased some java fern and mosses so when those come in they can join my coconuts and maybe driftwood :)

Yu know what would be really awesome, a tank filled with only purple/red plants, it seems like every aquarium has at least one green plant be it plastic or fake haha.

Most reactions

Back