New project: Keyhole with labs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

-_-

I'm thinking that you don't know what the term bashing means...
I wasn't insulting him, i wasn't swearing or "verbally" assaulting him,i wasn't attacking him for his beliefs, etc etc

DD
[snapback]907843[/snapback]​

Flaming/Bashing

The term 'flaming (or bashing)' is defined slightly differently depending on which site you're on, but generally it means the same thing wherever you go. h2g2 defines it thus:

Flaming means posting something that's angry and mean-spirited - the online equivalent of flying off the handle.
... whereas, according to the Jargon Dictionary, the term 'flaming' originates at MIT1 from the phrase 'flaming asshole'. The definition of 'flame' on this site goes on to define flaming in the following four ways:

To post an email message intended to insult and provoke.

To speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude.

Either of senses 1 or 2, directed with hostility at a particular person or people.

(n) An instance of flaming. When a discussion degenerates into useless controversy, one might tell the participants 'Now you're just flaming' or 'Stop all that flamage!' to try to get them to cool down (so to speak).

To speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude.

Well, thats what you did didnt you?

Warrior said:
Dwarf_Dude said:
lab and a keyhole?
while you're at it, go breed an Oscar with a Guppy

DD
[snapback]847881[/snapback]​

I think he gets the point, I dont think there is a need for bashing.
[snapback]907762[/snapback]​

That post you quoted is almost 2 months old [ Jul 23rd ] :dunno:

Warrior said:

Well, thats what you did didnt you?
[snapback]908197[/snapback]​
1)I never spoke rabidly
2)This was an interesting, yet hopeless subject
3) I never "spoke" with a patently ridiculous attitude.
4)Give it a rest now, it's old and dead

Guys just leave teh guy alone. If he suceeds, fine, you can't do anything about it. You guys sound like a bunch of 5 year olds. :lol:

OA.... check the date on the last post :p

Most reactions

Back