New Planted Project. I'll Make It Into A Journal...

Thanks!

I'd just like to say - 1000th post!!

Not that I'm counting or anything :p

I've got the tank filled up and filter running! Rocks decided to "settle" so need to adjust them a little bit but generally looking ok. Water is a smidge cloudy from the eco complete and lots of trapped air. Pft, it'll settle :)

Just need to either cycle the tank or get some mature filter media in there, then start planting! Tomorrow... too tired tonight. :zz

I assume that those rocks are 'mini landscape rocks' from AE? Very nice, also good to see we are now veering in different directions, almost looked like we were aiming for the same tanks :) I do like the rocks a lot, maybe in a year or so once I've done the 'twiggy wood' look I'll have a go at iwagumi style stuff, but for now twiggy wood it is!

Have you decided on a background colour yet? Or maybe no background at all?

I assume that those rocks are 'mini landscape rocks' from AE? Very nice, also good to see we are now veering in different directions, almost looked like we were aiming for the same tanks :) I do like the rocks a lot, maybe in a year or so once I've done the 'twiggy wood' look I'll have a go at iwagumi style stuff, but for now twiggy wood it is!

Have you decided on a background colour yet? Or maybe no background at all?

Hehe, yeah. I can no longer blame you for inspiration (and for when it goes wrong :p). I'm going with a twiggy look on my Rio 180, I'll be posting stuff on the journal for that one soon :)

As for a back ground I'm not really sure. I guess I could try to get a bit of acrylic. Maybe a pale blue but I think thats been done to death.

Hows this tank coming along dev?
I just removed the brace on my tank, while full of water, not as clever an idea as I first thought, What thickness is the glass of your tank btw?
what planting scheme did you go with in the end?

Shouldn't worry about the brace unless you need to.

George has removed the brace in his 'pimped' tank and mine never had one. My glass is bowed front and back (it touches the wooden hood in the centre front and back when it should be 5mm clearance both side) and has been like this for 3 months now. George has had the same comments made when enquiring if it would be a problem. Just dont put a horse (or similar weight) on the top.

LOL Andy

DevUK, do you want me to move this to the journal section? And How is this tank coming along?

Shouldn't worry about the brace unless you need to.

George has removed the brace in his 'pimped' tank and mine never had one. My glass is bowed front and back (it touches the wooden hood in the centre front and back when it should be 5mm clearance both side) and has been like this for 3 months now. George has had the same comments made when enquiring if it would be a problem. Just dont put a horse (or similar weight) on the top.

LOL Andy

Note to self: don't put a horse on top of the fish tank. 'Cause I was looking to buy one and the tank seemed a perfect place for a horse to go. But now, you've made it very clear, Andy, not to do it, so I won't. Before this thread, however, I was straddling the fence a bit on that one. :lol:

llj

and now.
dscf0123il1.jpg

The open-top would make it more challenging, but it could probably still be done. Would require skill on the part of the horse, however. I bet he'd love the anubias... I've decided against it, however, as Andy said, it wouldn't work, and it would make feeding and water changes difficult.

Very nice, anubias.

Most reactions

Back