New Pics! New Synos Coming They Came/they Conquered--update Pics

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I am adding two pictures of our Syno. petricola, one looks to be about the same size as yours, maybe it will help give a wider picture of what is normal developmentally. Your Synos don't really look like full petricola to me either, but they usually do have stripes instead of spots in early developmental stages, and not all strains look exactly alike.

Sorry, images didn't attach the first time.
674081020_l.jpg

674081469_l.jpg

Thanks, cichlid tank. My babies now look like the top pic. Ive been going to post, but they hide in their big sea shells whenever I come around ( they don't seem to connect food=strtange fish woman yet), so I have kept putting it off. Thier dark stripes have almost completely broken into dark and brownish/grayish shades of spots.

They are lovely little fellows. Looks like I don't have to take aquariaman up on his offer to refund my money if they don't develop to good specimans.

They were never as fryish as your babies. :)

I stopped by to look in, and they were out busily searching. Each one was a little different. Some were more white or light grey and in the light areas. Some were more brownish or darker in the lighter areas. They look much more petrocola-ish. They are lovely little fellows with their white spines on the dark fins.

Yes :good: for Malaysian Trumpets. One co worker said they are like cockroaches, coming out after dark in hoards. I didn't appreciate the comparison, but there's some truth to it. :p The syno babies survived the food competition (although I haven't been able to take a head count since they settled in), so it's all good.

The supplier, Aquariaman, who is in Hawaii, said he would refund my money if they don't grow up to be true petrocola. But honestly if they are healthy and stay relatively small, I will be happy with them. I'm not looking to go into business.

I'll try to get an update pic soon.

So here are the dwarf petrocolas from Hawaii that I got last February. I have since gotten 10 baby C. Paleatus long fin albinos. Darryl/Aquariaman, the supplier, has over 1000 feedbacks on Aquabid with only one negative. He has been exceptional to do business with both times. Both times there were extras included and all arrived alive and healthy. He has each time guaranteed that they were what was advertised, and the second time he refunded my shipping because FedEx messed up the shipping on the cories, sending them to Alaska and San Jose, CA, by mistake. He has since told me that they are bred by an aquaintance of his in Hawaii. I thought I would post some updates of the dwarf petrocolas.

Here are my lovlies. They love the heater so much that I have put it in the front of the tank to watch them play. :wub:

PA010025.jpg

PA010022.jpg

PA010020.jpg

PA010026.jpg

I have decided not to put them with the Fronts!
So what do you think? Are they lovely or what? :p

Very nice sue, how many are there? I may just be being stupid and misses where you said it, oh well.

I bid on 6 w/two for the shipping guarantee. So I got 8 very lively and adorable little critters that I now don't know where to put. They aren't suitable for the Mobas or the Bismarks. I know they can go in a lower ph with tropicals, I don't know if it is good. They have thrived in their shell castle (which I have now taken away and put in the Moba tank.)

Speaking of which did you check it out?

Yeah, too lazy to find thread again to reply for you :lol: will reply here.

Looks ok, though i'm not keen on the double hood thing, I like the lighting.

Will post on thread again, when i'm not feeling lazy :fun:

I agree actually on the double hood thing. It fits nice but is a pain to open to feed, etc. I have another actinic bulb for the second light. The T-8 takes awhile to get up to speed, so I wanted to wait until it was lighting up without hastle. The corner tank has a T-5. It doesn't exactly match. :huh: Oh well....

Most reactions

Back