The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Litehaus

Reaction score
I have done my fair research so I'm not totally oblivious but I just started a 30 gallon and am looking for free fish close to me

If you want free fish, you could check out a local aquarium group/club if you have one. Some people specifically seek to rehome their fish as opposed to sell them. However, if you don't have a local aquarium group, your best bet will be FB marketplace. People will sometimes list entire tanks that they no longer want, fish included. Word of caution though: basically all of the free tanks/fish that I've personally seen listed on FB marketplace are at least somewhat neglected, so you could be taking on a rescue case and if you're not prepared for quarantine, medical care, frequent testing/water changes, and possible death of the fish regardless of treatment, then you'd probably be better off buying fish at a reputable LFS

Welcome to TFF...:hi:
Yes, there are many ways to get your hands on free fish. And my fellow members have already given you some suggestions. But be aware of which fish will suit in that tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back