The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

flchamp89

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Im a planted tank guy. I was looking for a new forum. Im excited to be here. Looking forward to learning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

well welcome to the forums! hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you. Does not seem real active. Im looking around now.

Welcome to the forum. Some days are busier than others :)

Seems like a nice place. Im looking forward to meeting people.

Hello and welcome! I'm a planted tank fan myself. And although it's probably not the most active you can always find great help! This is where I came when I bought my little tank and learned to cycle it and have stayed because everyone is wonderful and knowledgeable!

I kept a large cichlid tank years ago and did everything wrong (back then they told you to cycle with a few hardy fish along with a bunch of other terrible advice).

Looking back I have no idea how I managed to keep an oscar and a jack dempsey alive and seemingly happy for 8 years (and moved twice in that time). Must have been dumb luck.

My old tank had been sitting in my basement along with all of its supplies and it made me crazy that I couldn't set it up in this house (just no room for it) so I sold it and bought my little 6 gallon fluval edge and was baffled (and horrified) by all of the information that I was completely unaware of!

I'm finally at a place where I feel like I understand a decent amount and am doing best by my inhabitants and I'm really enjoying the heck out of my little aqua world....
but I stay very close to this forum as I know I could need it at any time :)

I think that's one of the greatest things about this hobby. No matter how long you do it or how successful you are; youll only know a fraction of what it has to offer.

I think that's one of the greatest things about this hobby. No matter how long you do it or how successful you are; youll only know a fraction of what it has to offer.

a small fraction! ha. It's crazy how much there is to know and learn!

Im way dumber than I look lol

you say you had a jack and Oscar together, were they fairly compatable with each other? I have two adult Oscars and a Jack who is about 5 inches long. the Jack is in a 10 at the moment because he beat up the Africans in my 35. I would like to place him in with the two Oscars in my 55 if possible.

you say you had a jack and Oscar together, were they fairly compatable with each other? I have two adult Oscars and a Jack who is about 5 inches long. the Jack is in a 10 at the moment because he beat up the Africans in my 35. I would like to place him in with the two Oscars in my 55 if possible.
I did, many years ago when I had no clue what I was doing.
I had a 50 gallon bow front that housed a Jack and an Oscar. They grew up from teeeeeeny babies together, so this may be why they were buds. They lived happily together for 8 years when I lost the Jack and then about two years after that lost the oscar.

Thanks for your reply, I currently have 3 fairly decent sized silver dollars in with them but will most likely place them in with my rainbows in my 35 and put the Jack in with them and see what happens.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply, I currently have 3 fairly decent sized silver dollars in with them but will most likely place them in with my rainbows in my 35 and put the Jack in with them and see what happens.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk
wait...three silver dollars, a jack and a bunch of rainbows?!?...in a 35?
Sounds like you're stuffing a sardine can!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back