New Light Fitting

itsallfish

Reaction score
hey everyone i just joined the forum,
was just wondering if anyone has an idear on where i can get a new light fitting for my 30l tetra tank it was given to me by a friend i am wanting to start up a tropical tank but need the light fitting first i have looked in all my local pet stores and cant find a replacement and cant find a number for tetra to ask if they do suply the light fittings i need so if anyone would be able to help me it would be very much appreciated.

thanks.

Welcome to the forum Itsallfish.
I'm afraid I can't give you any hints on your light needs. After market lighting fixtures are sold by a number of different places or can even be put together by a fish keeper who is handy at DIY projects. Do you have a non-functioning light fixture or none at all? If your fixture is simply not working we could probably guide you through troubleshooting it.

thanks for the welcome,
The light fitting has burnt out the only way to fix it is to get a new one.

The functioning part has burned out but what is the length of the fixture and where are you located? If you are in the US we could steer you to places that sell repair parts, I am sure other members could do the same if you are in the UK.

i am in the uk the fitting is just over 10 inch long i am new to fish keeping so do not no what size things are yet i was given the tank in the condition it is in with no bulb

i have sent an emale to tetra thay have replyed to me saying they have had some problems with power serges they are sending me new lid

It is great that Tetra has sent you the information you needed. I hope we helped you find that answer a little.

Hi,

I also have one of those small tetra tanks with the defective light. Wrote to tetra via their website and very helpful and obliging customer services have sent a new lid which arrived today. Yippee!

I've struggled for a couple of hours and can't remove those darned plastic screws which hold on the existing lid, so can anyone tell me how to remove the old lid please? I'm sure it's probably something stupidly simple but I just don't get it.

Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back