New here

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MarineWife2015

Reaction score
Howdy all!

New to this forum, but not to fish-keeping. Had tanks for about six years, then life happened and I had to break them all down. Just now getting back into the swing of things slowly.

At the height of my fish-keeping addiction, I had thirteen tanks going and was considering starting an aquarium landscaping and maintenance business, catering to local businesses (I live in a small town, so there's nothing like that around here at all). I moved and had to tear down and rehome all but a handful of my tanks due to space and time constraints. Then, I moved in with my now-husband and his mom (who we were renting our house from) did not like fish tanks, so I had to tear down the remainder of my tanks. So now, I just have a few tanks that have special meaning to me, but all of them are in storage for the time being. I have a vintage 9 gallon steel-rimmed tank, a 20 gallon long (difficult to find in my area), an acrylic 28 gallon bowfront (a friend gave it to me because she couldn't keep up with it anymore), a long hex tank (two long sides with hexed ends...found it at a yard sale for $10), and an acrylic "eye" tank (someone took the fronts off two 46 gallon bowfront tanks and siliconed them together, then siliconed them to a piece of wood to create a tank...wicked crazy). Once my husband and I can buy our own house, we both want to get a large tank (100+ gallons).

A little bit about me personally...

I'm 34-years-old. I manage a Days Inn in northern Arizona (one of the top 100 Days Inn properties in the country and one of the top 5 Days Inn properties in Arizona...not bad for not being located anywhere really near a tourist-y area ;-) ) and have for the past two years. I've been married to my husband for just over a year now (we got married on my birthday in 2015), but have been together for four and a half years. This is both of our second marriages. I have an almost 13-year-old son from my first marriage, while he doesn't have any kids at all. He works construction. He served in the Marine Corps from 1991 to 1997 (active) and served in Somalia and Kuwait. We both grew up in the same town, but never knew each other because he's 13 years older than me. He did go to school with my oldest brother and sister, however. We met at the car dealership I used to work at. He was stocking the vending machines and I came out of the bathroom and was watching him work. We got to chatting and he asked me if I wanted anything out of the machine. I told him I didn't have any money and he said "That's not what I asked. What do you want out of the machine?" I have never given a guy my number before, or even had one ask for my number, so it surprised me just as much as it surprised him when I gave it to him when he asked for it. We texted a little bit, went out on our first date, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Most reactions

trending

Back