new fish pls help

superbees

Reaction score
hi i have brought a fish tank about 2 months ago it is fully cycled all tests spot on tank size 36 inches long 14 inches wide 18 inches tall the tank holds about 36 us gallons i currently have 2 mollies 1 dwarf gourami 2 corys 2 small fish not sure what they are chequerd body whith red fins and rail and black trim about 1.5 inches long i would like to add more fish as tank looks empty i would like some advice on what type of fish i could buy that will get on whith my current fish i would wonder if i could add some more gouramis as i liked the pearl ones and some angel fish and maybe some silver sharks and how many i would it be best to get smaller fish and what type . many thanks

Hi and welcome. How about 3 corys. They're lovely comical little bottom feeder fish. In my opinion no tank should be without some. They are a great cleanup crew and inoffensive to other fish.

Yeah careful with the Cichlids, they mostly get huge, Rams are great though and would be fine. Forget the silver shark idea, they get to over a foot long and need a monster tank.

Yep totally agree, hence the word "mostly".....lol

Nice options available with dwarfs too, some really colourful fish.

dwarf chilids sound cool have seen some pics on internet look nice how many could i get and is it best to get them in pairs male and female

Dwarfs generally do well in pairs although it's not essential. Not sure as to the number as I've never kept them, maybe one of the others will chip in

I kept two males before (the LPS guy told me they were male and female :rolleyes: ) and they seemed fine together. The larger male would kind of chase the smaller one but that only happened rarely and never nipped at him. Just kind of chased him a little. :nod: I would try to get a male and female though.

would it be ok to get 1 pair of cockatoo dwarf and 1 pair of bolivan rams in my tank

Most reactions

Back