New Brood Of Blue Eyed Sajicons

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kubora666

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hey guys my faverite pair of fish ahve jsut released another couple of hundred fry and there doing great. the parents are really dominant and fending off the other fish perfectly.
i dont have a pic of the fry but i have a pic of the parents.
5.png

thats mostly the dad coz the mums at a funny angle. he is a hybrid and the mum is a run of the mill jade eye cichlid. i have sucesfully reared their last brood with minimal casualtys and sold them, the alrgest of the ones i kept is now about 3" and nicely coloured! like a blue eye cichlid, with bright reds and blues on its fins and a slightly more convict mouth. ( like the dad )
il keep you guys posted on the goings on.
regards tuurlijk

Nice one so is the father a convict x sajica? I have a female one of these(father was sajica, the mother was a pink con and her mother and father were a JB and a striped con...lol if that makes any sense).

yeah the father is sajica x con cross,
the mother is just a random jade eye cichlid, these 2 are the only ones that raise their fry
the Hybrids (sajica con cross's) previous mate was a full out con and they didnt raise any fry
but as soon as she died these 2 got back together and reard more. I sucessfully rescused a couple of hundred and put them into a fry tank, their are still plenty if not more still in with the parents

yep, half the babies are in a grow tank the otehrs with the parents for abit longer, they take brilliant care of them and keep all the other fish away :)

why does this forum have ot have laods of peopel from europe lol. no offence, but i read all ur posts of ur cool hybrids or cool fish in ur lfs and i'm thinking man i wish i was over there to get some of those. but no i have to be stuck across the ocean wit hour dinky fish lol. its all good though i love hearing about your guys fish :D again i meant no offence i nthat rant, i just hate being in the US at times lol.

anyways, awsome spawn and good luck raising the fry. pics of the fry seem to definately be in order :good:

yeah im thinking of taking a picture of my first spawn male who is just under 3" nicely coloured too!
i split the fry in two and some went to a rearing tank the others stayed with the parents, the parents are taking such brilljant care of them! its going well, and yes il get some pictures but its hard coz my webcam doesnt work alot of the time.
regards tuurlijk

I have a Jade eye cichlid and a Jewel cichlid witch have successfully brought up a batch of fry they are beautiful and are mixed colors :D the colors go from grey-orange to the best colors witch are bright orange with grey strips and blue spots on them :) i was thinking of selling them but they are all to beautiful.

I have a Jade eye cichlid and a Jewel cichlid witch have successfully brought up a batch of fry they are beautiful and are mixed colors :D the colors go from grey-orange to the best colors witch are bright orange with grey strips and blue spots on them :) i was thinking of selling them but they are all to beautiful.
Wow I would love to see some pictures of them, didnt think jewels could cross with anything else.

Wow I would love to see some pictures of them, didnt think jewels could cross with anything else.

Hes lying, African Cichlids cannot cross with SA/CA no matter what the circumstance....they are nothing but extremely distant relatives, about as distant as a human and a mountain gorilla....maybe even more so.

Some even argue that Cichlids from Africa are not even Cichlids at all but a similar fish that came from the same ocean based ancestor (most likely some type of damsel fish) as the CA/SA's

Hes lying, African Cichlids cannot cross with SA/CA no matter what the circumstance....they are nothing but extremely distant relatives, about as distant as a human and a mountain gorilla....maybe even more so.

Some even argue that Cichlids from Africa are not even Cichlids at all but a similar fish that came from the same ocean based ancestor (most likely some type of damsel fish) as the CA/SA's

Actually jewel cichlids are only technically african cichlids from where they come from, unlike general africn cichlids they come from rivers and usually do best with the same diet and water conditions of most CA/SA cichlids and also breed the same way. I would think it possible for them to hybridise with a CA cichid. I knew someone who actualyl had a jewel and parrot that acted like a pair and would go through the motions of breeding but never produced eggs(much like a sev and parrot I had) I've seen such crazy crosses as flowerhorn x sajica and blood parrot x red snook so nothing surprises me these days.

Actually jewel cichlids are only technically african cichlids from where they come from, unlike general africn cichlids they come from rivers and usually do best with the same diet and water conditions of most CA/SA cichlids and also breed the same way. I would think it possible for them to hybridise with a CA cichid. I knew someone who actualyl had a jewel and parrot that acted like a pair and would go through the motions of breeding but never produced eggs(much like a sev and parrot I had) I've seen such crazy crosses as flowerhorn x sajica and blood parrot x red snook so nothing surprises me these days.

Well Flowerhorns (Trimac x Vieja or other CA species depending on breed) are CA Hybrids and Sajicas are CA cichlids, pretty much a Convict Cichlid.

Viejas are closley related to the Convict complex and will readily breed with any other CA.

Snooks are CA and Parrots are CA Hybrids (Red Headed Vieja x Midas/Red Devil)

Jewels are a complex of many African river fishes and are very much VERY different to either the Rift Lake complex or anything from CA/SA.

I can guarantee you, you will not be able to cross them with anything from CA/SA.

Even SA crosses with CA are near impossible, i cant think of any to be fair, things like Severums, Green Terrors, Oscars etc will not be able to breed with anything else....despite rumours of there being hybrids of these fish, it is impossible for them to breed outside of there complex.

Well Flowerhorns (Trimac x Vieja or other CA species depending on breed) are CA Hybrids and Sajicas are CA cichlids, pretty much a Convict Cichlid.

Viejas are closley related to the Convict complex and will readily breed with any other CA.

Snooks are CA and Parrots are CA Hybrids (Red Headed Vieja x Midas/Red Devil)

Jewels are a complex of many African river fishes and are very much VERY different to either the Rift Lake complex or anything from CA/SA.

I can guarantee you, you will not be able to cross them with anything from CA/SA.

Even SA crosses with CA are near impossible, i cant think of any to be fair, things like Severums, Green Terrors, Oscars etc will not be able to breed with anything else....despite rumours of there being hybrids of these fish, it is impossible for them to breed outside of there complex.

Oh I understand exactly, Ive kept and bred hybrids for years.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back