The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So this background is now gone

2ftBG18thJan2012.jpg

I have just started doing a new one for it.

Have the corner pieces cut to size and intakes in. Have to wait for the silicone to dry on the intake mesh then can get to silicone the foam in place and start building around it

Foam work pretty much now done

2ft%20custom%2025th%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

I will be picking up some airline tomorrow, i want to run some before the render goes on so the airlines are all hidden, that way if i decide sometime down the track i want to add air the lines will be in place. Learnt that from the 5ft, very annoying being able to see airlines when everything else is hidden.

Thanks LyraG

I got the airline siliconed in, now i have to wait for the silicone to dry so i can start rendering
I have also done a sample spray of the new sealer on a large rock i made with tunnels in it, i want to be sure it is not going to turn milky under water, isnt meant to. but either was the pond sealer i used on the original background.

Looking good.

Sends Alasse tank measurements so she can make me a background.

I got a few of my own yet lol

So updates finally.

The background under blue LED
2ft%20Custom%20BG%203rd%20May%202015%201a.jpg

Showing part of the side, the tank is still to be painted
2ft%20Custom%20BG%203rd%20May%202015%201b.jpg

Background using the camera flash, the background looks grey but...............
2ft%20Custom%20BG%203rd%20May%202015%201c.jpg

....the actual colour of the background
2ft%20Custom%20BG%203rd%20May%202015%201d.jpg

Background still needs to be highlighted

The test with the rock and the new sealer - resulted in only a slight white haze, but i do not want the black in anyway lightened, so i picked up a different one today that will not haze at all, it is expensive, but it looks like it is what i will need to stick with other than going the epoxy route

I also bought some more decor for the tank, also picked up some acrylic paints i am going to play with to hopefully get the look i am after. I am still chasing black sand, rare as hens teeth i tell ya!!

But it is getting there, i am excited and cant wait to get it running

It is currently being sealed and all i will say is it is gonna be different lol

Certainly NOT along my normal tank look

I am still chasing black sand
Is there such a thing? I mean true black sand, Not that Tahitian Moon sand that looks to coarse for bottom feeders.

Yes there is natural black sand. TM isnt too coarse, i know of someone who has cories on it and their barbels are lovely and long. But TM is expensive. I ended up getting a lead to some, i will be giving them a ring next week to see if i can get some

Got pics lol

The BG
2ft%20Custom%20BG%204th%20May%202015%201a.jpg

Close up
2ft%20Custom%20BG%204th%20May%202015%201b.jpg

Some of the decor
2ft%20Custom%204th%20May%202015%201c.jpg

It will be different i can almost guarantee that lol

I am brainstorming how to manage some decor i want, i may need to make it i think....will have a look around tomorrow

Tank has been filled and is running, once i am happy with the test results, stock will go in and i'll update with some pics

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back