New and Inexperienced!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tornadoalie

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm not a member of any other forums so i'll do my best here. I bought a couple fiddler crabs at Walmart (yeah yeah not the best choice but sometimes I'm an impulse buyer, don't judge) about a year and a half ago. I've learned a lot and they are thriving (the oldest just died but i had it over a year and a half and he was large when I got him). I've bought several others since then, and have more females than males in my 55 gallon tank, with plenty of beach areas. I don't have any salinity at all and they live peacefully with my beta, some shrimp, and assassin snails. From what I've heard breeding the fiddler crabs is next to impossible. Call me crazy but we have babies!! I so happened to spot the spongy egg sack with tiny things swimming around so I moved them to a separate 10 gallon tank about 2 weeks ago with no circulation, filled it with water from the 55g tank, cut off a tiny bit of grass, threw an algae tablet in there, and just waited to see what happened. They were hard to see, like really hard to see. but I kid you not those things are getting bigger!! I'm not going to touch it, and just see what happens. Unfortunately I don't have a camera good enough to get pictures or videos of them. But hoping for the best!

Most reactions

trending

Back