new also

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

meli

Reaction score
Hiya, I am also new (thus I am posting in newbie!). I finally found this place after searching high and low for a chat channel and have decided instead on this nice forum! I am relatively new to fish keeping about a year now. (not counting the various gold fish won at fairs when I was a kid) and am wanting to move on to a bigger tank. I have really found these forums helpful so far. Anyway, just wanted to say hiya!
Mel

I currently have 3 mollies a glass catfish (his 2 friends died on the way home from the shop!) 4 neons. We now have only a very small tank. I had been given a much larger tank by a friend who needed to find a home for his guppies when he moved house but sadly all the guppies died within a week! They had fin rot I am guessing and no amount of treating them could save them and it wasn't helpful that there were at LEAST 150 guppies in the tank ( it was probably over 200 counting the babies and the tank was 2 1/2 feet long and 18 inches tall). We sort of lost count there were just soooo many! I consulted an expert about the guppies and she said it was a lost cause really and she would be surprised if any survived which indeed they did not :( We managed to save the neons though and moved them into a smaller tank and totally ditched the other tank which wasn't in great shape anyway. I really miss a larger thank though and would like to move on to something a BIT more exciting. I plan to keep the smaller tank the way it is as they all seem very happy as they are though the glass catfish needs a friend or two I suspect. I definately don't want marine fish though they are beautiful everywhere I have read says they are far more difficult. so something tropical but more colourful maybe? Any suggestions? I never realised until I inherited the guppy tank how much I LOVE fish! And how heart breaking it is to lose them as well :( Anyway, thanks for the advice on the buy, sell, swap forum!
Mel

Hi meli :)

Welcome to TFF! :hi:

It sounds like you have had some major fishkeeping problems, but you have come to the right place to learn how to avoid them in the future.

Our members are friendly and they will be happy to help get things in order. :D

Most reactions

Back