New 110L Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mikeyy_lol

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi!
I bought a 110L tank for christmas and currently have a 60L already up and running.
I currently have some Kuhli's, a couple of CRS (didn't realise they were escape artists when I bought them!), celestial pearl danios a couple of honey gouramis and a couple of frogs. I'm thinking of using one of the tanks for a puffer tank, though I can't decide if I should move everything into the 110L tank and use the 60L tank as a puffer tank as I'm not sure about having a 110L tank with just 1 or 2 fish in it!

If I were to move everything to the new tank, how would I go about it with regard to water and filter bacteria etc?

Also, what do you think my potential stocking could be for both tanks?
I also have a external filter incase I get a puffer/pleco!

I'm also wanting to change substrate to sand to suit my kuhlis more and since it generally looks better, how would I swap it in a tank with fish already in it, and what sand would you suggest?

I also found some Vampire and Devil crabs at my local maidenhead and was wondering if they would be compatible in my community (i'm scepticle!) or if I could have them with puffers!

Thanks

Hi...sometimes stocking threads can take a while to generate responses - - no worries...you will most likely get replies!

just curious - what are the dimensions of the 110 liters? (dimensions can sometimes dictate which species can and cannot be added due to specific species requirements :good:)

also....what type of frogs do you have? ADF or ACF?

and no - -crabs cannot be added to tanks with fish

Hi...sometimes stocking threads can take a while to generate responses - - no worries...you will most likely get replies!

just curious - what are the dimensions of the 110 liters? (dimensions can sometimes dictate which species can and cannot be added due to specific species requirements :good:)

also....what type of frogs do you have? ADF or ACF?

and no - -crabs cannot be added to tanks with fish
a male and a female ADF!
As for the dimensions i'm not sure as I won't be home for a few days and cant find the thing on the internet!
It seems to be pretty average in every which way though to me! it's rectangular, though.

Youll want to check the height of the new tank.....water depth for add should never go above 16" but not above 14" is best for their well-being. Considering they need to breath frequently anything deeper will cause a great deal of stress that will cause exhaustion to the point of disease and death.

Do you handfeed? What's their diet.

Youll want to check the height of the new tank.....water depth for add should never go above 16" but not above 14" is best for their well-being. Considering they need to breath frequently anything deeper will cause a great deal of stress that will cause exhaustion to the point of disease and death.

Do you handfeed? What's their diet.
I'm fairly sure it isn't more than 14" but will definately check when i get home!
I feed them HBH frog and tadpole bites and frozen bloodworm, I find it tricky getting them to find the frog bites though!
But yes, I handfeed.

Anybody?
I'm going home today and want to get started on my tank today!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back