Neon eggs or Cory eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BeckyCats

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Do neon tetras and peppered cory eggs look the same? I am asking for people's personal experience. I have already done an internet search but the internet shows different things for neon eggs. Some pictures look like cory eggs, some look like pond snail eggs, some look like clouds.

Again, does anyone know FROM ACTUAL PERSONAL EXPERIENCE what neon tetra eggs look like? I already "googled" it myself and it wasn't helpful.

Thank you.

Corydoras eggs are quite large (around 2mm) and will be stuck onto leaves or plants in little groups.

Neon eggs are very, very tiny and scattered around; some may land on plant leaves,but they're not stuck on like cory eggs are.

It would be very, very unusual to actually see neon eggs in a tank; they're so small and mostly fall into the substrate or get eaten. Even when you're watching them spawn the eggs are hard to see.

(This is from personal experience, I've bred both neons and corys ;) )

Corydoras eggs are quite large (around 2mm) and will be stuck onto leaves or plants in little groups.

Neon eggs are very, very tiny and scattered around; some may land on plant leaves,but they're not stuck on like cory eggs are.

It would be very, very unusual to actually see neon eggs in a tank; they're so small and mostly fall into the substrate or get eaten. Even when you're watching them spawn the eggs are hard to see.

(This is from personal experience, I've bred both neons and corys ;) )

Thank you so much!! I apologise for the late response. I keep forgetting that I have to "watch" a post that I create so I didn't realize that you responded until I looked at my "watched" list and didn't see this thread.

Thank you so much!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back