Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami

njnauticalnut

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am currently treating my tank for ich with CopperSafe.

Its fishless cycle was complete abut about 2 1/2-3 weeks ago. The water parameters as of 5 minutes ago are amonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate 10ppm, ph 7.1. They have been stable. I do 20-30% weekly water changes.

My neon blue dwarf gourami has a white spot that looks like a grain of salt on his lip, which I diagnosed as ich since a couple of other fish in the tank also have it. The spot on the gourami is actually looking better since the I put the ich meds in the tank on Friday.

Hoever, I noticed today that the gourami is breathing a little harder than normal, his gills are opening and closing more. He is eating normally and swimming around normally, no odd behaviour. Is this a symptom of ich? I have never had a breakout of ich before so it is new to me. Is there anything else I should be doing for him?

Wuvmybetta, the powder blue gourami's spot/sore on his gill is actually looking a bit better, could be because of the CopperSafe or it is just healing. I do not think the spot was or is a part of this ich breakout, looks different. He is not presenting any symptoms of ich. Hopefully he will be fine. I do appreciate all your help last week.

well u had a disease that could potentially kill , u would be breathing hard to lol :D ur doing a good job i hope he fully recovers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back