Neolamprologus savoryi

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of my newest fish....my wild caught Neolamprologus savoryi....they act like little pigs! Wild boar like movements and behaviour...heh heh...I have also already noticed that the female is the one who induces spawning unlike other breeds of cichlid, she does the "dance" for the male...yes already...lol
Both females have dug out their own little 'bedrooms" and try to lure the male into them...it's pretty cute...especially when both are "dancing" for him at the same time....the females flare at each other and then go hide....too funny. I love these little guys! Porkchop, Bacon and Drumstick......(drumstick is not my doing btw) :p
I have 4 of them, but apparently the other one I have is not and will not do well in the group, so the store-owner says....that one is unnamed as of yet :thumbs:

Here is the male....

Chris :hey:

Attachments

• male_savoryi_1.JPG
    male_savoryi_1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 40
Male above....female #1 below

Attachments

• savoryi_1.JPG
    savoryi_1.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 48
and female #2

Attachments

• female_savoryi_worm_1.JPG
    female_savoryi_worm_1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 24
OPE!!! I guess I will have to get him to give me a copy!!! DOH! He has more....so he still has it, never even thought of that......*smacks self on head*

lionfish said:
great looking fish mike, better hope the police dont happen to walk in your house and ask for the certificate :D
"The Heat" :lol:

They are brilliant FM!!!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention they are part of the brichardi family.....

Strange the brichard thing again :lol:

It's always interesting when the breeding behaviour goes against the norm. It's the same way with Nics. It's fun to watch the females do the funky dance, granted it's a little more graceful than the males, but still cracks me up. You ever wonder what it would be like if people used the same tactics to get a date? -_-

Mogo said:
You ever wonder what it would be like if people used the same tactics to get a date? -_-
Thanks Mogo and wuv!
I love them, they are very entertaining to watch...make me laugh...heh heh

...as for what Mogo said......maybe that's why I never get a date :unsure:

Chris :huh:

freshmike said:
I love these little guys! Porkchop, Bacon and Drumstick......(drumstick is not my doing btw) :p
Don't you all think that DRUMSTICK is the freaking AWESOMEST name in the WHOLE WORLD?! And Chris' other names for these fish are nothing comparatively!? DARN STRAIGHT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:kira:

*snort* Pretty fish... :hyper: One of the has the best name I've ever heard too...

Hi FM :)

A certificate for wild caught fish? I never heard of that. -_- Just goes to show you learn something new every day! :)

i like the pics chris......... but 2 ?'s, do they realy catch them in the wild? wouldnt you have to keep them in a very large tank since theyre used to the wild and big lakes? PM me with the answer if its not too much, im realy interested in the subject of wild caught fish :)

those are stunning :wub: , they remind me of an A.compressiceps, which is by all means my favorite cichlid

Did you ever get that certificate fm? I'm just curious ,my L200's are wild caught and they came without papers .... 8)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back