Needlefish

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I've been thinking on maybe getting some and I have some questions on these exotic fish where should I start... Well first I have a 25 gallon, 4 year, cycled tank which has no amonia, low nitrates, and 7.4 ph. I have 4 3inch loachs, 5 giant danios , 5 dwarf aussie rainbow fish, some sm tetras, and 1 pearl gourami. Now I mostly want to know what a needlefish would go after I mean I don't care if it eats the tetras seeing that there old and my other fish are pretty good size but not huge. Also do they prefer to school? Are these a species only per tank fish or could they be in community with some of the fish I have? Also how hardy are they? Well I still have more questions but I'll see what some people say first so comments welcomed!

When you say 'needlefish', do you know which species in particular you are interested in? I'm afraid your tank is way too small for the species I'm aware of seeing in lfs', they reach like 50cm and are active shoaling species as far as I know.

Have you considered halfbeaks as an alternative? Though I still fear your tank may be too small...

a 25 is far too small for any needle fish species

just because your tetras are old doesnt mean they deserve to be eaten!!!

Its just the food chain, I use to feed my angels neons and I think theres nothing wrong with but I didnt over do it. If your gonna give me some bullsh*t over feeding my animals other animals don't even go there!

just because your tetras are old doesnt mean they deserve to be eaten!!!

Its just the food chain, I use to feed my angels neons and I think theres nothing wrong with but I didnt over do it. If your gonna give me some bullsh*t over feeding my animals other animals don't even go there!
i'm entitled to my opinion as you are! you did say comments welcome - i was just saying mine, if you dont like it thats too bad.

Im not really against feeding fish to other fish. I just dont like it when people try to feed bigger things than the fish can handle and the feeder ends up half dead. As cfc said, a 25 is way too small. Where you from anyways?

Im not really against feeding fish to other fish. I just dont like it when people try to feed bigger things than the fish can handle and the feeder ends up half dead. As cfc said, a 25 is way too small. Where you from anyways?

Are you asking where I live, if you are why does it matter to you?

Just trying to help, because if you live in the bay area you can get some pretty sweet deals on 180g tanks at the academy of sciences. Ive heard they go for as low as 200 bucks. Then you can keep any fish you want. Limited supplies though

breathe bro...count to ten. chill...

breathe bro...count to ten. chill...

Well I thought it was creepy at first when he ask me that. Also I live in the western U.S. where I live is quite opposite cause I live in the desert and I probably won't be able to get any larger tank until I find out if I'm gonna move this year.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back