need some help again

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
And now all my fish are staying with their noses shraight up. I checked all the water and everything looks fine all 0's.One of the fish has changed colors it looks like all the color faded.Someone please tello me what it the matter..

You used water conditioner? And the temp was ok? Unless your tap water is bad I can't think of what else could cause a problem. :(

There are test kits for detecting chlorine in your water. If you find your water is treated with more chemicals that are not safe for your fish, increase the dossage you use when you do a water change.

Other than that, i can only think of one other thing, If you did change the water, did u change it by the same temp as in you tank? (im sure u did)

Oh, have u turned all equipment back on? ie. filter, heater, pump???

we put water conditioner in the water in the tank and I added extra just incase I forgot to put it in the water. But I let the water age for three days before I put in the tank. I cant figure out what happened this time These fish was my healthest tank and now they look awful. I sometimes think fish keeping isnt for me. I cant seem to do nothing right anymore....

What percentage of water did you change? Was it the same temp as your tank (is your room temp the same as your tank)? If I age water it will be 70 degrees because that is what we keep the house at. So it's almost 10 degrees colder than my tank water.

Its my thoughts that ageing water was more for saltwater aquariums, anyone care to add anything about this for me.

What kinda container did you use to age the water, because ordinary plastic and metal will leek poisonous chemicals. This is why when you store water for your aquarium, you should use food safe containeers, which are free of these poisonous chemicals.

I use water strait from my tap and have noooo troubles at all. (No ageing or anything, although i do add dechlorinator) Maybe you should try.

As of losing color, if you did a large water change maybe you just stressed that fish out. My blue ram usually turns really pale and gets stress lines when I do a large water change. I turn out the lights for her a little while and she calms down and turns back to normal. :dunno:

Add an airstone for aeration, fish gasping and going pale is stress due to your water quality, was the container of the water free from chemicals, how much water did you change as a big water change can alter your ph if your tap water dosn't match the tank ph.

Most reactions

Back