My sorority rebuild

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It looks so dark and mysterious, like in a fairytale when things are about to get scary!
I'm waiting for an evil queen to come out of the plants!
Looks gorgeous!

I see a lovely gold mystery/apple snail in there, and I dare say a betta? Can't tell for certain but is that a double tail plakat?

It sure is a DT female, The tank has 2 cycled filters a sponge and a HOB full of cycled media.

3sylz.jpg

That's the same coloration as Rose just double tailed! I've yet to find a female DT for sale, might find one tomorrow though, I plan to pick up a few more girls along with some banded kuhli loaches if I have the chance. It seems childish to be this excited about going to a pet store, but I can't wait to get there.

No name yet.

I've yet to find a female DT for sale,

Guy I got this one from has about 15 of them, Hes also the guy I will be getting more girls from and the good thing is they are all young, This time I want to get different tail types.

ivfgsRK.jpg

She has found the snails food.

2iwoTfl.jpg

Snail protecting its food.

uIyFTb2.jpg

I know theres food there somewhere.

Last edited:
It looks so dark and mysterious, like in a fairytale when things are about to get scary!
I'm waiting for an evil queen to come out of the plants!
Looks gorgeous!
LOL I like that.

Thats the actual light level in the tank, I figure Anubias and Crypts can live in low light and Bettas prefer low light so why not take advantage of it.

LOL I like that.

Thats the actual light level in the tank, I figure Anubias and Crypts can live in low light and Bettas prefer low light so why not take advantage of it.
I think it's perfect for a beta sorority! I mean they are kind of the "dark queens" of the fish world!!!

Ok so I added a few Red Cherry shrimp ( 10 ) to the tank as live food, The Betta ate one as soon as it hit the water and I have not seen much of her for the past hour, shes hunting.

I also added Indian fern, Duck weed and Riccia fluitans as floating plants, I see the Mystery snail is happily munching on the duck weed.

I also added 1/2 milliliter of Seachem Flourish comprehensive.

Next week I will be looking at 2 more girls,

I may also be adding a Zebra pleco to the tank, I met a guy who breeds them says I can have a 4 cm male for $30.

excellent!! Sounds like things are off to an awesome start!!!
Can't wait to hear and see more!

Most reactions

trending

Back