My Show Guppies & Breeding/growth Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just recieved my new guppy pairs from a local breeder (Canadian Quality Guppies) here in my province of Ontario. I purchased a pair of Moscow blue deltas and a pair of metal head yellow lace snakeskins. The guppy pairs are absolutely stunning!

Currenty drip acclimating the guppy pairs to their new tanks. I will post pics of them later in the week, once they have been acclimated and have settled in. On a side note, the female metal head yellow lace snakeskin is holding a lot of fry (looks like she's going to release any moment), luckily I have a 20 gallon setup (for this very reason) on the side for the fry along with a few microworm cultures and some newly hatched baby brineshrimp.

Later in the month I'll be receiving my pair of ATFG superior Moscow blood red HTD guppies, I'll keep you guys updated until then.

Regards,

Sounds like you have some nice guppies. Cant wait to see photos. I love guppies.

NickAu said:
Sounds like you have some nice guppies. Cant wait to see photos. I love guppies.

Yeah they're really stunning, especially the metal head yellow lace snakeskin male. The deep blue coloration contrasting against the yellow fading into orange, along with the lace snakeskin pattern looks amazing. The pairs have settled in a little bit since yesterday, still swimming around checking their new tanks, but good news is the pairs are still eager to mate haha.
Got the guppies feeeding on a variety foods including: brineshrimp, microworms, defrosted bloodworms, Northfin Community and Northfin Veggie Formula pellets, Hikari Fancy Guppy pellets, and Pro Master guppy fakes purchased from the same breeder of the Moscow blue deltas and metal head yellow lace snakeskin.
I'll get some pics as soon as possible, stay tuned
smile.png

Don't tell the Betta keepers,  I think guppies are nicer looking and way less temperamental than fighting fish. 

NickAu said:
Don't tell the Betta keepers,  I think guppies are nicer looking and way less temperamental than fighting fish. 
The Jaws Theme plays as a betta keeper sneaks up...

Can't wait for pics, those guppies sound amazing!

NickAu said:

No worries my lip are sealed, my fellow betta keepers would burn down villages arguing who's betta is better. I can't imagine what they'd do if they heard guppies are better looking than bettas lol!
LyraGuppi said:

The Jaws Theme plays as a betta keeper sneaks up...

Can't wait for pics, those guppies sound amazing!

I would imagine "Strength of a thousand men" by TSFH playing, cause they be preparing for war lol.

I'll try to upload some pics in a minute.

Here's a few quick shots of the pairs. The guppies are still skiddish of me (which is to be expected) so I couldn't get to them co-operate with me as much as I would've liked. Which is very unfortunate, since I wasn't able to capture the absolutely stunning and intricate Lace Snakeskin patterns that runs from the male's body and through his entire tail. I also apologize if the pics are a bit large, but I guess you can sorta make out the male's tail pattern better haha.

The good news is: When I woke up this morning, I discovered the female metal head yellow lace snakeskin delivering some fry. Got only 7 at the moment, but the mother's abdominal region is still quite large so I'm guessing she's still carrying quite a lot of fry
smile.png

Metal head yellow lace snakeskin pair (male's blue head is a little pale in the pics, it's much darker in person)

qrn7EIF.jpg

B4JeGi1.jpg

Y6aVKus.jpg

EtJhL7y.jpg

1M3Fije.jpg

DAAywtq.jpg

Moscow blue delta pair

WgQ1kAO.jpg

68iLRG1.jpg

OO4p0SX.jpg

66eAguk.jpg

YVvR20A.jpg

jxdJpNJ.jpg

I'll try getting pics when I can, until then I'll keep everyone updated.

laugh.png
Yeah, that song fits too!

Gorgeous! Especially that blue moscow male
drool.gif

Those are some beautiful fish you've got there! :D

Are you keeping them separate or planning to breed the strains together?
I always enjoyed using those particular strains as a base. Moscows impart that awesome metallic sheen and you get sweet patterns from the lace/snake skin varieties.

FriedFlowerHornFillet said:
Are you keeping them separate or planning to breed the strains together?
I always enjoyed using those particular strains as a base. Moscows impart that awesome metallic sheen and you get sweet patterns from the lace/snake skin varieties.

The pairs are currently in separate tanks, but I may breed the strains together down the road. Trying to get some broods from the current pairs before I start mixing them.
Currently waiting on a pair of ATFG superior Moscow blood red HTDs, might mix some gold lace snakskin into there. I'm also thinking about breeding some black gold lace snakeskins.

Got some updates:

On the morning of May 16th, I found 16 fry in my Moscow blue delta pair's  tank. I have moved the fry to their own 20 gallon tank with some java moss and cabomba/fanwort. The fry have been doing well and are growing quite steadily, I currently have the fry feeding on a variety of foods, including:  baby brine shrimp being the stable for now, microworms, crushed Northfin krill gold and Northfin veggie formula (1mm) pellets, and some spirulina fakes.
Should see some more fry from the pair in the near future, as the pair are currently mating again and again and again...haha.

The metal head yellow lace snakeskin pair are also doing quite well. The female hasn't given birth yet, but she has been getting larger in the past couple of weeks. No sign of her birthing tube yet, but I'll make sure to keep an eye out.

On other news, I'll be receiving my ATFG guppy order from Thailand next Tuesday
smile.png
The order includes:

x1 pair of RREA Superior full red HTD (included free for ordering 4 pairs)
x1 pair of Super Red Lace SnakeSkin HTD
x1 pair of Superior Blue Grass HTD
x1 pair of Superior Black Gold Lace SnakeSkin HTD
x1 pair of Superior Moscow Blood Red HTD

Looking forward to some exciting stuff in the coming up week and into the following months. I'll keep everyone update.

I'll be receiving my All Thailand Fancy Guppy (ATFG) order on Thursday, will post pictures of them after they settle in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back