My Sevict Or Converum

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have a breeding pair of rotkeil severums, which bred constantly and one batch of fry was poor so I removed my male from the tank to give the female a rest for a few weeks. However she still spawned and some of the eggs hatched, I saved some fry because I wanted to know who the dad was. I have kept one, bit obvious from the markings who the dad was! I have since sold the convicts so it didnt happen again.

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

I have a breeding pair of rotkeil severums, which bred constantly and one batch of fry was poor so I removed my male from the tank to give the female a rest for a few weeks. However she still spawned and some of the eggs hatched, I saved some fry because I wanted to know who the dad was. I have kept one, bit obvious from the markings who the dad was! I have since sold the convicts so it didnt happen again.

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg
hmmm, its kinda pretty ;) lol does it have any gill plate markings?

No but it has bluish speckles comming on its side and blue in the dorsal fin.

Yep that sure is crazy and has me rethinking my opinion on other severum hybrids. I have had a super red severum try to breed with a BP but the eggs never hatched. How big is it and how does it behave?

He is about 1 1/2" now lives with a large red spot and gold severum and a 6" oscar, he/she certainly has the convict mentality to stand up for itself.

Oooh it's gorgeous! What a pretty face!

I didn't realise sevs and cons could mate!

Athena

I was under the impression that souths couldnt bred with Centrals (other than Festaes...which are pretty much a central living in SA)

Are you 100% its not a deformed Severum? it does look like both a Convict and a Sev :S

I was under the impression that souths couldnt bred with Centrals (other than Festaes...which are pretty much a central living in SA)

Are you 100% its not a deformed Severum? it does look like both a Convict and a Sev :S

I am quite quite sure. The only other male in the tank was a texas and its sure not a serverum v texas :lol:

More recent pic
054.jpg

Contemplating selling him/her

His aggression with his tankmates and the fact he is still quite small so I dare not move him in with more aggressive fish.

you should of kept the cons these would of sold like hot cakes if you listed them as cheaper dats :lol:
Silver_Datnoid_Tiger_Fish_3.jpg

Most reactions

Back