My Pond Is In Progress! Yay

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I shall sort some pics this week. having problem with laptop as the wireless has broken

Got 8 fish in there. all goldfish and its so relaxing having a pond with running water. you can hear it in the kitchen and bathroom and in my lucky sons room

Black bag idea is genuis, may I suggest a career in fashion :good: Excellent looking pond aswell, I do think a light gravel substrate would of been nice but not the end of the world :) Look forward to pictures.

cheers

I've not had pc for a week or so. I'm still thinkinhg of substrate cos I agree with you on that one. Got a lily in there and some water hyacinth floating on top and some fish in there now which are keeping me occupied at night cos its so nice to sit outside at night listening to the water trickle!!!lol

Any update on this simonas?

I would love to see how its all going.

I shall sort some at weekend.
Pond is great, few fish in there now and got UV to go on filter last weekend which has made water crystal clear.

I've decided to cover block with a tongue and groove and top with wood as well. getting the stuff tomorrow and once someone lends me a drill I'll sort the batons in the block

It chills me out so much and especially now fish are settlled and feeding well

Right I'm knackered after a busy day. Its done on the cheap but looks better than bare breeze block and may get wife calling it something other than the well!!!

021.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Looking good now!

Looks like its been hard work!

cheers pal

I'll get tongue and groove done tomorrow, do another coat of stain and then get the finishing wood for the top of pond.

I still do not know what to do with the insides where the block shows? :crazy:

Wow looks great, i wanted to get something similar going in my yard. What did the whole project run you? What kind of filter is that?

HI,

Good work so far, love the idea of the wood cladding on the outside of the block work, maybe paint the inside blocks with some black paint? im sure there must be some sort of paint out there that is fish safe, im sure some one else can give you some advice on that.

Cheers Gordon

there is a black pastic paint called G4 that is used for large ponds...you could paint it straight to the blocks...but maybe render them first with some cement mixed with polyfibres

we used it on our pond....see my pond post!!

done a couple more pieces of tomgue and groove to finish off side, moved filter back and lowered it, and a mate gave me some plantes which will hopefully look better next year although fish ceratinly like them
Image069.jpg

Image071.jpg

Image073.jpg

Image070.jpg

Wow looks great, i wanted to get something similar going in my yard. What did the whole project run you? What kind of filter is that?

Hi Pal

a lot of digging and time lol

I shifted about 8 tons of rubbish out which cost me £110 for a skip at a discounted price cos knew skip bloke
the block cost £130 but they overdelivered and gave me a discount on remainding block of £79!! lol
I paid a lad £60 to do all block bar last course which I did myself. The liner was £90 ish, pond pump uv filter and box filter was £220

About £600 in total but worth it cos I love it :good:

7 months later and much nagging from the mrs I've finally done a bit more

all the pieces of wood that cover the block are the same type unfortunately the blocks at different levels to two pices of top wood need raising with something.... any suggestions?

nce thats done I'll check out the G4 as suggested by PeterUk which should improve it no end.

It looks emptysince all the plants died off

Only one goldfish died all winter which is better than I thought saying that I haven;t seen my tench since last summer

I'd like to put something on the coering wood to break the clear lines a little, maybe a buddha in the corner a couple of plants maybe... any suggestios?

cheers Simon

018-1.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

any ideas for decoration? :good:

Most reactions

Back