My plants are all spotty

Crystal

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have some fake plants in my 10gallon with my tetras. I noticed this morning that they have spots on them, but I have no idea what they could be from. My entire tank is under medication for ich with nox ich. I am completly lost as I have never seen this before. Any ideas? Thank you.

could they be algae spots. The good thing with fake plants is that you can take them out and wash them every now and then.

Maybe they discoloured coz of the medication. Take one out and see if they clean up by washing them.

I want to doa really good cleaning on my tank, I have been doing smaller changes while they are being medicated, but should I wait until they are better before doing a good cleaning?

Finish medicating then clean the tank. Be careful not to clean too much so that the "good" bacteria doesn't die. If you clean out the tank, then leave the filter for another time. If you do the filter first, then leave the tank till a week later.

I think I'll do the tank, then filter. I had to remove the carbon for the medication, and it is an in tank filtration, does that make a diff? I remember not to clean out too much.
Thank you!!!!

It makes no difference - when you clean the filter just wash out the media in some tank water that you've put in a bucket or basin. Then return the media and refill the tank with fresh water (dechlorinated)

Thank you again.

I think I solved the mystery to where my one fish vanished off to. :byebye:
I found something like looked like his remains in one of the plants, but there was not much left to it.

Most reactions

Back