My Ocean In A Box :)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Done a few more pics today with the new camera :) there not brilliant because im still getting use to it and i had to take the pics from a distance with the zoom on the camera.
SAM_0052.jpg

SAM_0051.jpg

SAM_0047.jpg

Torch coral is sulking :lol: mr tang keeps on annoying it :rolleyes:

SAM_0046.jpg
SAM_0019.jpg
SAM_0017.jpg
SAM_0015.jpg
SAM_0041.jpg

Thanks mate :) i'm getting inpatient now and want lots of corals :lol: gunna take my time adding them though so i get the right ones. Debating whether to move the torch in the middle because the tang keeps annoying it :lol:

Oh yes chewing the bit are you :) as always take your time, I have foolishly jumped ahead with my nano and am paying for it now, no matter how advanced we think we are in this hobby the basics are still as important as they ever where :)

Oh yes chewing the bit are you :) as always take your time, I have foolishly jumped ahead with my nano and am paying for it now, no matter how advanced we think we are in this hobby the basics are still as important as they ever where :)

Oh so wise........... :p

More pics :) my clown/rock goby has started to live in some of my corals now :D he has now been named Gordon :lol: So he is Gordon the Goby :shifty: good ay :look:

He loves my finger coral the most and spends most his time in there.
SAM_0155.jpg
SAM_0161.jpg
SAM_0164.jpg
SAM_0176.jpg
SAM_0177.jpg

In the last day or so he has taken a liking to my small hammer. I was scared he might get stung at first but he seems fine and is as happy as larry :lol:
SAM_0182.jpg
SAM_0185.jpg

Some more shots of my clowns :) love the unfinished band on my larger clown :) need to name them both really but will leave that to the mrs :lol:
SAM_0171.jpg
SAM_0175.jpg

Thats your lot for today :D will be back with more soon.

I like the Scopas Tang. Have you given up on the Kole idea now?

I like the Scopas Tang. Have you given up on the Kole idea now?

No not given up the idea Andy :) just got the scopas because he was tiny and only £15 plus they said i could take him back once he outgrows my tank. I plan on upgrading before he grows to much anyway. He seems very happy in my tank and is feeding well on pretty much anything i put in the tank. He soon munched a big piece of seaweed i put in aswell :lol: He is a stunner of a fish and pics don't do the Scopas any justice.

Just debating on further stocking ideas now. Any suggestions? :good:

How long is the tank Chris? Scopas will grow only a little bigger than a Kole (Pacific over Indian due to similar coloration between the Scopas and Indian), so you could get away with both. As long as water stats are watched and adjusted when needed and not too many more fish are added.

I love the copperband, there one if my favourite fish. Just worried with all the stories I have read on the Internet of them being hard to feed and not living very long due to it.

I love the copperband, there one if my favourite fish. Just worried with all the stories I have read on the Internet of them being hard to feed and not living very long due to it.

And its all true, only buy one if you can find someone selling from an established tank :good:

And its all true, only buy one if you can find someone selling from an established tank :good:

I agree and disagree. Yes in the past Copperbands most of the time starved to death but people are now have more success with them plus you can and should really ask your lfs to feed it infront of you. I wont buy a fish unless i see it feeding. I get them to prove that it is at least eating brine and most of the time flake too.

Agree Andy, I had a hour long (maybe more) talk with the owner of the abyss yesterday and he said the same thing regarding copperbands and other difficult fish to get feeding. He said there is to many shop owners buying them in from one of the main suppliers (not naming names) and they buy them no matter what and sell them onto customers. Whereas he will tell the supplier if they are #105### and tell them to get them feeding etc.. Can never be to careful.

Update Chris!!! Would like to see the Sweetlips and Regal.

Most reactions

Back