My New Tank, Just Set It Up, What Chaos!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
newtank002.jpg

it came with a damn ugly hood that takes 5 indhes off the height of the tank, and the stand isnt looking too good either, but i had all 5 tanks in the middle of the lounge and it was chaos, i filled it 250 litres, then had to empty it as i thourght it was placed wrongly on the stand,turned out the trim had slipped! anyway a mate of mine is going to make me a new one so i can live with this one for a while,
this is the biggest tank i have ever had, i have had 4ft tanks before but not that hold this much water, its quite scarey to be honest lol
my large gouramis think its christmas having just come out of a 2.5ft, and the clown loaches, wernt going to go in but... i thought they would enjoy the extra climbing space.and they do!
at the moment i have the tube light stuffed down the back of the tank, as there is no way im putting that hood on it, i am going to make a over tank light holder for it ( that will be a laugh!)
i was going to add sand, but after one neg response, i changed my mind, as i dont want any hassle with it,it looks really nice, maybe you have to be in the room to appreciate it, but im pleased and am wondering what to do next now, so any suggestions are more than welcome

shelagh xxx

ps i have re-hung the door now so its not hanging off anymore lol- and have to say that stand is bloody ugly lol

Hey thats a nice tank in my opinion.
By the way, I used pool filter sand and had no problems.

Agreed, Looking good :good:

Deffinately go with sand...will never go back to gravel again, personaly I think gravel is harder to maintain than sand.

By the way, is a tank that large safe on laminate flooring? :unsure:

Shelagh

Well Done

It looks great...bet you are shattered now? Hey the unit is not that bad.....!

Debbie
x

Agreed, Looking good :good:

Deffinately go with sand...will never go back to gravel again, personaly I think gravel is harder to maintain than sand.

By the way, is a tank that large safe on laminate flooring? :unsure:

LOL Gooner...do not say that about the laminate, or Shelagh will think about re-flooring her lounge :lol: :lol: :lol:

can I be honest?.... no better not... I might lose another friend.. Nice stand shelagh.

I know what you mean about scary about a big tank. When I had my 5x2x2 I thought it was massive till I got my 6x2x2. Why is the stand bigger than the tank? I prefer the tank and stand to be the same width. ( Now I sound like a stuck up snob)

Emma

ooh big tank :drool:

No I mustn't....... himself would kill me if I got one that big!!

LOL thanks you lot!
hey emmsy nothing wrong with being a stuck up snob, i would be if i could afford to be lol

thanx debbs, it is BAD lol, i think the guy watches too much blue peter as that beech is infact sticky back plastic,(( as if you didnt guess pmsl)) but ill try to get a match for the floor when i get it made ( light oak)
yes the floor will take it, its concreate underneath,and i am so glad the laminate is there, i had at least 50 litres on the floor when i pulled the tubes off the air pump WITH the air-stones in the tank, i just counted to 10 and walked away-now i have a machine full of soaking towels :(, im going to push to get my other 4 tanks sold,and spend it all one this one,as its an amazing size :)- the ill only have 6 to maintain lol:)

sorry i forgot to say, the stand was made like that as it sits just below the rim of the trim- but im in totall agreement with you emmsy they should match

just had to add this pic, this was my lounge right in the middle of the fun at about 1pm, you can see the ugly thing in there to the left !
and managed to get it all sorted, fill the tank ( twice) clean up and collect the kids at 3.15 :nod: not bad going, oh and i rescued my little love out of the middle of it,he thort it was all bloody hilarious lol :crazy:
001-12.jpg

nice looking tank!!!!
play sand from Tesco's is even cheaper than Argos, i've just changed to it in my 5 foot tank and am well pleased with the results. No cloudyness and i only rinsed it through once!
nath1 :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back