My New fish is a Senegal bichir

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Right, Just caugt him.

I did catch @ 9.00pm but he jumped out of the 1st box.

Caught him again and he is in an old Icecream tub. I have put an airstone in there and put the lid on aswell.

Will ring the LFS and see if he will take him. And How many Fish He will give me for it. I reckon I should get nearly A tenners worth of Fish.

When I gave him My Large Angel Fish - I got 10 Neons, and some Rainbows

psgill00 said:
should get nearly A tenners worth of Fish.

When I gave him My Large Angel Fish - I got 10 Neons, and some Rainbows
can you give me the name of your LFS?

just wondering because i wana sell a few fish but none of my LFSs' buy fish (i could look in the yellwo books if i new the naem)

Yep,

R and S in pool Meadow Bus Station Coventry.

Ring him first to make sure he has room as he is a small shop, but has maximised his pace.

02476 229882.

He has been away for a week and is having a huge shipment coming tommorrow. So for the Next 2 Weeks he has no room to take in Fish.

The Only Tanks he has Free to take fish are the Oscar Tanks.

So he can't Take Hiss either, because the Oscars would Devour Him.

I am Going to set up the Betta Tank i was Making, for him. And can get Platy/Molly fry when its Ready.

SO HISS STAYS.

AND HE GETS HIS OWN TANK.

The whole family of polypteride is often mslabeled P.sensgalus are often labeled dinosaur eel . I have seen P.pollis labeled as P.retropinns and P lapradei as P.sensgalus fun isn't it -Anne

btw nice to see other bichir keepers

I bought my first pair of Cuvier Bichir March of year 2003, I was thinking of buying a fish pet that is unlike the ordinary. Goldfish ? too ordinary as almost everyone in the neighborhood owns one already besides I also own a few, same thing goes with swordfish, angelfish, arowana and even flower horn.

While searching for my choice, I chance upon this aquarium with a lizard looking creature of about 4 inches, it swam around swiftly and going about every corners of the aquarium, it fascinated me so much that I lost no time in purchasing a pair.

It didnā€™t concern me at all if it was a male and a female, after all I just wanted mine to be different.

The LFS owner never told me another info about the fish except that it is called dragonfin.

At home I mingled it with the rest of my other fish which included 6 goldfish and 6 balloon molly. Next morning, I woke up to find 1 goldfish missing, I search everywhere, over, under, the sides of the aquarium and found nothing.

My brother teased me, it must have been eaten by my new acquired pet, I said ā€œthatā€™s impossibleā€ he looked so lanky and innocent and besides even if he did how come there was no traces at all, such as brocken fins, scales etc. I was thinking the goldfish could have jumped out of the aquarium and eaten by mice. When I came home later from work I found 2 mollies missing, raising my suspicion that indeed I must be keeping a silent terror.

As days pass by, my other fishes became feeders for the dragonfin. I would noticed how the fish would grow at amazing speed, aside from feeding them pellets I also feed them superworms, chicken bits, tubiflex worms, bread and ofcourse more feeders.

Fast forward to March this year 2004, I notice my other dragonfinā€™s abnormal behavior, as if she is searching for something plus I notice she has quiet big stomach and wherever she goes the other fish kept on pursuing her, by this time I have already made some advance research about the fishā€™s being a hermaphrodite.

I immediately went to a LFS to purchase a medium sized breeding grass and within the day I had my first borns.

Wow I just canā€™t explain how I felt, they used to be just a pair, now there are hundreds of them !. As I held an egg using my index finger to examine it closely. It looks so fragile, it looks like yin and yang.

And now same year month of June. They are spawning again and this time I caught it on a handy video 8 camcorder NTSC system.

Oh how they love the camera, its as if they knew all along I was taking pictures of them, they would gamely pose for it.

Since I am neither a professional nor an amateur photographer, I have spent sleepless nights to get the best shots possible not to mention the numerous blank tapes Iā€™ve wasted in due course of the filming. :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Back