My Fishless Cycle Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yeh too right right!! finally!! am on day 80! waitin til 9pm for the 24hour test, this morning i think i got somewhere between 2 - 5ppm for nitrites, not too sure which!

DAY 81 PM - Ammonia 0.0 - Nitrite 0.25 2ml NH3 added
DAY 82 AM - Ammonia 0.0 - Nitrite 5.0
+18hours Nitrite 0.25
DAY 82 PM - Ammonia 0.0 - Nitrite 0 2ml NH3 added

At +12hours today I think I got around 5ppm, probably lower though, because at +18hours nitrites were now 0.25ppm.

i meant +18hours above!

got 1ppm nitrites at +12hours this morning. Going to do a +15hours test today and see where it's at, but can't do that during weekdays because of work!

DAY 83 AM - Ammonia 0.0 - Nitrite 1

edit: oh no I haven't been adding enough ammonia to reach 5ppm, just checked with the aquarium calculator so will bump up the dosage this evening.

now on day 89, been six days since i've started adding 5ppm of ammonia every 24hours, yet the 12 hour results are still at 2-5ppm and aren't budging. Surely it can't take that long for the colony to grow and get nitrite to 0ppm in 12 hours. All 24hr results have been 0ppm.

I know how you feel.

It is annoying, iv been so close to throwing the towel in,

my ammonia used to be gone easily within 12hours now its taking around 18hrs to show nearly 0ppm

nitrites are sky high, when they used to be 1ppm at 12hr

i really don't understand what happened with yours, especially since nitrites were processing post-water change, yet now they're really high. and you would've thought the A-bacs would by now be able to process all the ammonia.

at +17 hours nitrite is now 1ppm.

I wonder if I dose as soon as nitrite reaches 0ppm, whether it will encourage the N-bacs to grow faster. But then its not possible on weekdays as I'll be at work hmmn

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back