My First Fish Aquarium And My Betta Is Chasing The Molly Or Platys Occ

Ok how big tank do I need to accommodate all the three and will betta not attack if I give bigger tank and filter ??Plz plz say anything positive
M feeling sick sad now: :(:

Ok how big tank do I need to accommodate all the three and will betta not attack if I give bigger tank and filter ??Plz plz say anything positive
M feeling sick sad now: :(:

For those 3 fish, I'd say 35-40litres. Once you've got it, and got the filter running, you will still need to do water changes, until the bacteria colonies have grown sufficiently large within the filter to handle to ammonia that your fish are producing.

At the top of this section of the forum is something marked the Beginners Resource Centre, click in there and then click on the Nitrogen Cycle and Fish-In Cycling. This is essential reading for you.

Just checked the water quantity while changimg it. Its 2.5 litres . Guess its still less . Getting the filter soon ok. Now will the betta kill the other fish or way. Cos he is not stopping
At alll :huh:

Just checked the water quantity while changimg it. Its 2.5 litres . Guess its still less . Getting the filter soon ok. Now will the betta kill the other fish or way. Cos he is not stopping
At alll :huh:

Yes, eventually they will die from the stress of it.

Hey is the betta eating sand. #39#### I have already fed it twice. .now dont cause me more pain
Right now every one in the tank is at peace last fight thirty minutes ago

Ok. Enough messing. Fish back to shop and study the beginners resource centre on this site and you won't go wrong. If you then decide that you're very serious about fishkeeping then you can start again and take it slowly. It will be much more rewarding if you do it right. I'm sorry but it's sad seeing your fishbowl. I hope you get it sorted.

I might be wrong but your fish look like platys.

Hey is the betta eating sand. #39#### I have already fed it twice. .now dont cause me more pain
Right now every one in the tank is at peace last fight thirty minutes ago

He won't be eating sand itself, but there may be small bits of food in there that he's eating.

I am no expert but if you are not going to either put the fish in a "proper" fish tank, in a much bigger bowl or return them to the fish shop, it would be kinder in my opinion to put an end to the poor fishes stress and kill them yourself.

I wish I never looked at this thread because things like this make me very angry, no disrespect but you must be stupid to think you can keep these fish in a fruit bowl.

Well I am concerned and I do care. Everybody is not a born slimeshot like you live#105### or livewire whatever numb nut. You feel so much why dont you open a fish hospital or maybe even a care centre instead of just showing off sympathy. I m saying all this cos I hate people who over react. Btw I have transferred the betta to a 10 litre bucket and the platys remain im the bowl.

Well I am concerned and I do care. Everybody is not a born slimeshot like you live#105### or livewire whatever numb nut. You feel so much why dont you open a fish hospital or maybe even a care centre instead of just showing off sympathy. I m saying all this cos I hate people who over react. Btw I have transferred the betta to a 10 litre bucket and the platys remain im the bowl.

make sure you keep changing the water in the bucket regularly, and get another bucket for the platy

ok...phew!! this is not good!! firstly, i am sorry if you were given the information that this may be ok for fish. secondly, i am sorry that you seem to be getting so defensive over the whole thing. i don't like over reactions either but have not seen any here...this is disgraceful whether it be your fault or not. thirdly, a question for you...would you keep a cat in a bucket?? no thought not!! its kinda the same thing m8...not rocket science really! how many people do you know who keep fish in fruit bowls?? unless you are willing to do some serious research, stick to fruit. as previously said, if you are serious about keeping fish, we are all here to help and give you advice. you are more than welcome to post any questions and we will all do our best to help (no question is too stupid...apart from perhaps can i keep it in a fruit bowl!). you have made a mistake m8 and its time to do the right thing...fish back to the shop and start again. do some reading and post some questions.

good luck and happy learning

L :good:

The betta is chasing the other fish because there isn't enough space. It's cramped in there, and the betta is trying to chase the other fish out, but of course they can't get out. Without a bigger tank, the other fish will almost certainly die of stress, if they don't die of ammonia poisoning or lack of oxygen (a filter will keep the water surface moving which will keep oxygen in the water) before that. It's also possible that the betta may just kill them outright as they can be aggressive when in the wrong conditions.

It's good that you've put them into buckets for now, but this should only be a temporary solution, and you'll still need to do daily water changes.

If you can't get a bigger tank, then I know you don't want to hear this but they would be best off going back to the shop or to a better home. I know you love your fish, so please don't put them through any more cruelty. I know it's not intentional on your part, but if you really love these fish then you need to do what's best for them.

Most reactions

Back