My First Attempt At The Salty Side! 55Cm Cube

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

So what do you think your red 'pepper' coral is?
It is a chili coral, a non photo coral that does well in the shade, I thought it would be great under my tonga rock to fill the space.

Feeding wise it likes rotifers apparently.

(feeding regime at the moment is one day frozen, one day flakes. Frozen rotates between Marine Mix, Red Rotifers and Mysis.)

Bleedin' 'eck!

Just did my water tests:
PH 7.8 okay
Phosphate: Around 0.2... okay
Calcium... 480 okay
SG: 1.025 spot on
KH: 7

What? Rechecked it and came up 7 again.

So rushed to LFS and bought some Reef Foundation supplement. Another £15....

Never ends the costs does it?

Never ends the costs does it?

Nope :no: but bet youenjoyed the trip to lfs
Not really, I have a cold, and my car wouldn't start for ages. So now as well as having to pay bfor the fish stuff I have to worry about my car possibly bveing broken. And since I am having laser eye surgery on friday, plus car tax and tv license is due this week, so I am not a happy (and cash flow rich) bunny.

Grrr.....

I'm off to sleep, hopefully when I wake up I'll feel better.

Looking nice Ryan,

Did you by chance purchase the tank from a member on these very boards in kent... I wanted that tank :(

Still its lovely to see what you have done with it so far and ill be watching with interest!!!!

Yep, got it from a member here. Was really chuffed as well.

Supposed to be doing a water change today but has laser eye surgery yesterday so shouldn't really drive to the LFS today.

Bit of a worry at the moment. My Tail Spot Blenny is missing. I haven't seen him for 4 days now. Not sure whether he had a run in with the new fish (2 clowns and a lightfoot sally crab.) Been doing daily water tests and no nitrates have appeared or anything so I am a bit confused.

If he was dead I should be seeing nitrates, but if he was alive I should be seeing the fish!

I am bemused and befuddled.

Most reactions

Back