My daughter made me do it........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigFella

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for allowing me to join TFF. This all started for me back in November of last year. That is when my daughter brought home a Betta from school in a 2 liter bottle. We named him Flame, did our homework, and set up our first 5 gal aquarium. He was so fun to watch not to mention peaceful and relaxing. It wasn't long before my wife decided to get me my own aquarium. So on my birthday in December I was surprised with a 36 gal..........now I am getting ready to set up a 120 gal that was given to me, and I wanted a place to keep a journal of the build. Below is Flame. The fish that started it all.
xLznYjz3BKGfy_3zbxRsbuBEkUS3PN_RqNFZzmv5koVwG3rExs08Qwmib_WfyUWqcf5nSTrKXmuKZyJh0PskrH3lbCOJ4frDFLaU35Croka-offwpQn38zvS3s-ww3KoHkrVcpKuR_75JedROmezko4_RiQ5-uVRVlrMAbWUmhLLuCmVqiKPCvDoUoN6mtgj9xMWwdwoiNn91p7aHIkh16h-F0jok2VnPrnumwA5UN-P6_ZmWlQn8uaqCkPifOK-K9MEFXm3UP-XwOzAMeF8ePYivVnKSR3uHQggC0vIIlAxC80qBFIJrF0cxhdgwKhoeVX56Euhltfgza2Nl-8D0PTNBalAtTQgZlQJcMavAUKVMtuo4VnMJ6vyAX_TKUhHStIaT2looQhv8hoepvEntjSBVbhHQ_-DRS5Bj52nnxFbhM2HORQT1xoL7L39Ze4L5eUuJei4tbFYvJz4mpPTKNL-CAdE2yw-UDigx7GIgvh5gshI6ia8aFrmU-_PMnO1_vXv_JiVAXH7Gw9tkGFAZviDu_PhePBngzINyTR_jFj6w7tlXglaV8MAYGJT5joXzDhGxEEKX2yKnMMn0B5HXABfdhO053V8BrNKQchHMIhqmmBmfVpsURrFLHkWl2XehsA7AMRSSHBLWVw21lWNPoY5K-Gx79cTLEPWezznCcC9WL6LuAGiURljsZE7vls9el1NW6b-1vYYS22WnVb7pux4=w1263-h947-no

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What fish do you have in the small tank and what fish do you want for the big tank?

If your 36g tank has an established filter, you can take half of it and use it on the new tank to have an instant cycled aquarium.

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth knowing. I recommend printing it out and reading it in bed to help fall asleep. :)
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

What fish do you have in the small tank and what fish do you want for the big tank?
Currently in the 36 we have
1 Pearl Gourami,
13 Neon Tetras,
4 Elegans Cory Cats,
6 Painted Platies, and
5 Yo-yo Loaches
Planted with Amazon Sword, Water Sprite, a few different Anubis, and Dwarf Hair Grass

As far as the big tank I'm thinking along the lines of
12-15 Green Tiger Barbs,
3-5 Gourami of some sort (might move the Pearl and get him some companions),
Moving the 5 Loaches,
A Pleco of some sort,
10- 12 Cory Cats of some sort.
I think I might have room for more, just not sure what.

Also thank you for the warm welcome and the sick fish link. In our short time we did battle a minor case of ick but got through it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back