My Computer And Room Almost Burned Down!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

AstonN24vantage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
5 minutes ago i was sitting, and chilling on my macbook. i began to realize something was floating into the air, and i thought it was my cat's fur (i am in complete dark). then i smelled smoke. turns out my charger was on fire. i immdiatly unplugged it. the people who i got the charger from should expect an angry email soon...

:crazy:
But you do have a Mac, and it being from "down there" and all I wouldn't expect much different

I joke i joke

:crazy:
But you do have a Mac, and it being from "down there" and all I wouldn't expect much different

I joke i joke

lol, just as i thought. :hyper:

I take it the OP was using a "pattern power supply". could they state the name, as other may be able to avoid getting one. if it was the one that came with the mac, contact Apple, this sort of thing is dangerous. indeed if its new enough, Apple could be liable. Apple are know to use very cheap products on occasion. look at the new Iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have had charges melt down but never
set on fire its only the spurious ones
that do that the cant handle the wattage

it wasnt wattage. the charger has been hooked up to the same surge protector for months (mind you i said surge protector) out of the blue. just playin on my computer and saw smoke and i saw a bright thing on the side of my computer. i was like oh #105### its fire!

Most reactions

Back