My Complete Roma 125 Journal.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

naa the forum resizes them - it's all good

any special lens?

Nahh, just the 18-55mm kit lens :)
I have others, I just don't fancy taking photos of my tank from the other side of the room :lol:

Cool, I really need to get a DSLR but there's just so many things to buy and not enough money! :p

Cool, I really need to get a DSLR but there's just so many things to buy and not enough money! :p

So true :)
I'm skint at the moment yet I've already spent money on what I'm getting next fish-wise in my head :lol:

Corys would love the tank

And I'd love to have Corys. I would either have to add more filtration and hope the Gold Gouramis don't cause trouble or get rid of the Golds though... Hmmm... :unsure:

Just fed some bloodworm though and the loved it! :hyper:

Good journal and great picture, I'm off to google how much one of your cameras will set me back - do you use a tripod?

Good journal and great picture, I'm off to google how much one of your cameras will set me back - do you use a tripod?

I got mine for £180 off eBay near Christmas time with an 18-55mm kit lens, bargain really :hyper:
I don't use a tripod at the moment but I want one, can get some awfully good shots :)

JOURNAL POST

Just a quick update on what's going on...

My trumpet snails arrived dead so I'm having some more sent out, all the random bits and bats I ordered have come and I've planted the new water wisteria as you can see in the quick photo below. I took it with my phone seeing as I couldn't be bothered getting the beasty camera out so the quality isn't too good... You can see what I've changed though :)

IMAG0315.jpg

I've also been feeding bloodworm every other day which they all seem to be loving :hyper:

Wow, almost a year since my last update! 
lookaround.gif

Even the forum has changed a bit it's been so long!

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that unlike last time when I didn't post for ages I've still been cleaning my tank (although it's a little dirty at the minute) and keeping my fish nice and healthy!

If anyone's interested, I'll take a photo of it tonight, you can also see in my signature what I currently have stocked :)

JOURNAL POST

So after a year of not updating my journal and basically being inactive on the forum (again), I'M BACK!
This time though, I actually kept up with my tank and took care of my fish
smile.png

Anyway, I've decided it's re-scape time and possibly time for some extra stock so I need your help once again!

Here's how the tank currently looks:
27320131.jpg

Pretty dirty, yes but not out of hand (although the java moss is)
laugh.png

So yeah, you can see why I want to re-scape!

Here's another look at the mass of moss that I probably need to cut down on:
27320133.jpg

Magic, eh?
It's likely that I'll be selling some in the classifieds section in the coming days/weeks so keep your eyes peeled!
There's actually two pieces of bogwood under the moss... along with a tiny rock which it started on
laugh.png

Also, why not have a few photos of the only remaining gold gourami:
27320134.jpg

27320132.jpg

Where's the other one you ask...
If you look a little earlier in my journal you will see that the idiot woman at the garden center gave me two males and unfortunately, I was unable to find a new home (or tank) for one so Mr Grumpy Gorami seen above won, shall we say 
lookaround.gif

So yeah, that's where I am at the minute!
smile.png

Now it's time to decide:
What plants to try next?
Should I try CO2?
What stock shall I think about, if any? (current can be seen in signature)
What am I going to do when I go to university in September? - NOT A CLUE! 
confused.gif

Oh, and how am I going to lay out the tank, bearing in mind my BN LOVES the wood as it is...

JOURNAL POST

So I've been doing a bit of research and I've just bought the following things from Aqua Essentials:

Cardanine lyrata (Cardamine)
Echinodorus argentinensis (argentine sword)
2 Cryptocoryne wendtii
Echinodorus bleheri (Amazon Sword)
2L Bottle of Neutro CO2

I'm guessing they should get to me on Wednesday because of the bank holiday and what not but I can't wait!
I just need to get some more ferts mixed
smile.png

I'm also planning to get some more rummy nose tetras later this week
smile.png

Most reactions

Back