My 'big' tank

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Surprisingly I dont have a journal on this tank, though I have posted many questions over the years, as I have had many problems with the tank
the tanks dimensions are 120x50x60 cm (lxwxh) and in october 2021 I remade it from a shelldweller tank to a "south american fish " tank which I since broke into "community mish mash" tank as most of us tend to do :)

Stocking is as follows:
4x bolivian ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) since 02.2023
7x Pearl gourami (Trichopodus leeri) 2 since 11.2023 3 juveniles since 02.2024
7x Otos (Macrotocinclus affinis) since 05.2022
13x Corydoras sterbai half since 11.2022, half since 10.2021
5x hatchetfish (Carnegiella marthae) half since 12.2022, half since 10.2021
10x rummynose tetras (Hemigrammus bleheri) since 12.2022
10x ember tetras (Hyphessobrycon amandae) must be some weird stock, I started with around 50 purchased since 10.2021
5x kuhli loaches, since 02.2024, rookie mistake, too short quarantine, brought ich ot the tank, killed off few rummynose, embers and few of the kuhlies

I am no longer fan of tetras. I was super excited, I loved the rummynose too when I got the in the beginning, but seeing my other tanks, my pseudomugil behavior, my whiteclouds and their behavior, tetras are BORING and they eat too much. Is hard to feed this tank, corydoras especially, because of the gluttony of the tetras. Initially I though I would add more, but I will wait for them to die out and will see. I love the pearl gouramis, I got disappointed in the corydoras (they dont do much), I love the bolivian rams too.

I have to trim the cryptocoryne leaves regularly, though I cant take too much or it will yellow and melt, and I think the plant grows so much only when you dont want it to. Most of the newly added kuhli loaches live in the surface plants, same with some of the amano shrimp

What I love about the tank is zero agression. None of the fish will chase, nip, hurt or hunt any other fish. Hatchetfish work well with pearl gourami, no jumping, no scaring. Bolivian rams and corydoras eat together, no issues

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

Looks awesome! Thanks for starting the journal and going into so much detail!

That last pic looks like a gourami is swimming upside down but it’s just a ver clear reflection

Thats a lovely looking set up

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back