DSCN2449.jpg

DSCN2452.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/werkoedoro/DSCN2447.jpg[/IMG

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/werkoedoro/DSCN2057.jpg

RSCN2281.jpg

DSCN2237.jpg

DSCN2246.jpg

these imbelis are wild caught from various rice fileds in northeastern thailand. there are 12 males and 4 females in this tank...i think :whistle:
my worst fear was , the males would go for each others throat....but so far so good. guess with so much hiding places among the plants , the weaker fish could always back away from a fight

Wow.... they are so.. purple.... Its a gorgeous tank, how big is it? Lools pretty massive in the pic. I'd guess they were fairly pricey though.

I am so jealous! I've been trying to get my hands on some B. imbellis for MONTHS!

They're absolutely GORGEOUS, and the tank is just lovely...so perfect for them.

Wow that's a stunning tank! :thumbs: And those fish are gorgeous! Did you catch them yourself?

All I can say is wooooooow! :hyper:

thanks for the compliments...everyone. well, thats a 110x55x55cm tank, so its not as big as the photos suggest. i didnt spend a fortune on it, since this is an outdoor tank, i skipped the expensive lightings , heaters and the co2 system. tropical climate makes the plants grow like crazy with minimal effort :nod:
the plants are free ..hehehe, i got them from the wetlands not far from bangkok. there are plenty cheap plants available, but commercial bred plants are planted dry or on mud beds with their leafs exposed and its a bit tricky to get those plant to flourish in your tanks. apart from that, the planters always trim the roots off for the simple reason u would go back for more when your plant dont make the grade.
so for that reason i had to brave the snakes and leeches to collect plants from the wetlands. :/
im malaysian , but i have been living in thailand for a few years now, so all the imbellis collections are done in thailand. i must say that in malaysia, the imbellis are truly stunting, especially the red/orange imbellis.of course there are plenty of betta pugnax, betta taeniata, betta livida, etc etc ,but then malaysia have strict laws on capturing of native species. most species of fish and plants are protected by law...so care must be taken on what u collect.
most of my imbellis and mahachai are collected from ural rice fields near the cambodian border. hahaha..of course i didnt catch them myself. a dumb city folk like me would spend hours trodding those fields without catching anything :no:
i got the village kids to do it for a small sum. the kids know those fields like the back of their hands and could produce dozens in a short time.

Love it. Great display. :cool: Will drop by in Kuala Lumpur next time if I head home for a vacation. :) You breed betta too? ;)

yeeviabetta said:
Love it. Great display. :cool: Will drop by in Kuala Lumpur next time if I head home for a vacation. :) You breed betta too? ;)
hahaha..there are no bettas in kuala lumpur...good ones i mean. if betta is what u love ...then head up north to thailand. 80% of the worlds betta export comes from thailand...thats what i heard :nod:
nope..i dont breed them, never had much luck with raising their babies :fun: i dont really have much of a collection, just some odd Plakat here and there . i set up that imbellis tank ...and that was that. frankly i just cured myself from the betta bug not too long ago...and i aint going back to those crazy betta keeping days ..no sir :look:

here are two photos of my ugly bettas, a Plakat and a Giant PK
RSCN1954.jpg

DSCN2815.jpg

Most reactions

Back