My Aquarium Lights...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey. I have a 20 gallon long: http://imgur.com/3YpPnOu
Species list: S. repens, Glosso(soon), Pearl weed, narrow leaf java fern, Rotala indica, Mint charlie/baby tears, crypts, ludwigia red, and another plant I don't know name of in back left by filter intake. It is red also and partially green/yellow on top.

A while back I was putting osmocote plus in my substrate to help my plants, but all that did was cause algae and BBA a lot. I stopped doing that as well as CO2 because I had insufficient lighting. It was some LED lighting. 

I do no ferts now, I plan on doing excel and have excel and put it in once in a while but not on a schedule. Usually a couple times a week. I have a single T5 growlight from HTGsupply. It's a T5HO and I think it's 23W single bulb. My S repens isn't doing too well and decays a lot on the leaves. The S repens in the picture is the batch I had in my emersed setup, and I swapped the decaying S repens back into emerssed grow to help it survive. I want my plants to do much better, like my pearl weed. It doesn't grow or spread out, and my plants just don't have that thick green look in other people's aquariums. I see some other aquariums and aquascapes and they have a thick overtaking green color. I know it's not my lights, should I use root tabs? Co2? I have DIY co2 and also a fluval mini co2 system. Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back