My Angelfish Have Spawned! Pic & Vid

Oh boy!!! Well, I've discovered why my cories are dancing... we have cory eggs!!!!! I saw a few eggs on the glass, I'm thinking my barbs have probably gotten the rest, but I purchased a breeding net for the angel fry, just in case I decided to use it, so I think I'll put the cory eggs in there, any suggestions would be great, this is my first cory spawning!!!! :yahoo:

Day 6: Lights are on and the wigglies are in fact still there and looking good. Maybe a couple less, can't be sure though. They're not swimming yet, but much more active and seem to have one little eye on each of them?? Mum seems a bit antsy and keeps scooping some up, then swimming around with them, looking for other places, but then decides their current leaf is the safest.  I think after this go around, I'll set up my 10g for a little breeding tank. Is a 10g big enough for that? Hmm, I'll have to look into it a bit more, she just seems very stressed, it could be the cory spawning that took place sometime last night/this early morning :wub:  which leads me to...

9 little cory eggs in a breeder's net :D

Blooming heck, your tank is a breeding heaven!!

I'd say 10 gallons is probably a bit too small, can't really help with cory breeding though as I don't know much :p

Another great video :)

Thanks Josh :)

I can't believe all the spawning going on!!!  It must be a combination of all the frozen bloodworms and the wc's I've been doing lately. Pretty exciting stuff. The angels spawning has been fun and very interesting to watch, and I must say Im pretty proud of them, but....  I've been waiting over a year to have cories laying eggs, so I'm pretty excited :yahoo:

I started a post with a silly question, but will keep the cory fry updates going there, for anyone that's interested, just so the two don't get confused. 
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/416758-cory-eggs-how-long-do-i-leave-them/

Maybe they are all getting a bit antsy cos they've spawned and are getting a bit protective and/or defensive. And I thought I had problems with my platies giving birth every 5 weeks!!! lol 

I can't wait to see some of these little guys when they are swimming around!  :)  Looking forward to updates! 

No swimmers yet tonight. Mum decided to move them again, one leaf lower :rolleyes:  I think she was getting nervous with them moving so much. This new spot has me a bit nervous though, they're kind of crammed into the space where the anubias leaf meets the stem, all on top of each other. We'll see how they're doing in the morning, I hate looking in without the lights on bc I always thing they're gone lol.  

'Gratz again on all the babes!
drinks.gif

This is a very interesting post to read and it fascinates me to read about it and also think about what it would be like in the wild!
What plants do you have in your aquarium?
Keep the updates coming and good luck! :D

Thanks everybody :)

I'm glad people are enjoying my posts and keeping up with the progress of the Wiggies :) It's a very interesting experience to watch these guys grow, and watch two of your fish become excellent parents as well... who knew they had it in them?! 

So far, just the easy care basic plants... java fern, anubias, java moss, italian vallis, corkscrew vallia, amazon swords, rosette sword, brazilian pennywort, a bunch of dif types of crypts, cambomba, some hydrocotyle japan that's barely hanging in there, and a tiger lotus sprout :)  .....still i think i need more lol :rolleyes:

Day 7:  Well guys, I've looked and looked but I can't see any wigglies.  I thought maybe they were swimming, but I don't see anything in that area. There's a lot of moss and stuff, but I think something happened to them, Mum seems like she's looking for them, so it's a bit sad 
sleep.png
  I would think that if they were hidden somewhere the parents would be standing guard, but they're kind of all over. So, I think it's safe to say their first spawn was unsuccessful, but they made it much further than I thought they would in a tank with barbs  and rasboras and they proved to be great parents, so that's something. I'm sure you'll see another post in the near future :rolleyes:

On a good note, my cory eggs have darkened up a good deal so they're fertilized :)  again, here's the link to that thread if any one is interested, and ill keep updates going there.  http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/416758-cory-eggs-how-long-do-i-leave-them/

Thanks again guys!

Awwww....too bad!  Sorry to hear it!  Hopefully next time around will be more successful!  Sounds like you are doing something right so there's bound to be another chance.  :)

thanks :)   ... Im sure they'll continue with this stressful process lol. In the meantime, my tanks a mess, my house is a mess and the laundry has piled up 
innocent.gif

I'm sorry to hear that and wish you good luck next time! :) and thanks for the plant info! :)

Aw, such a shame! Nevermind though, there's always a next time and there WILL be a next time ;)

You have to make it so, you have to keep us updated again too!

Off I go to your cory thread :p

Most reactions

Back