my angel fish are being attacked

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

viperhottie5

Reaction score
ok my angelfish are constantly being attacked by my glass and skirted tetras and it doesnt seem like my angel fish are eating either can some one tell me if i can feed my fish something other than flakes and actually eat and if i should seperate my tetras from my angels

I would say try and feed your angels freeze dried tubiflex worms, the tetras will eat them to but because they float, the angels can get to them first. It is strange to here of tetras attacking angels, usually it is the other way around. How big are you angles? and were the tetras in the tank first? If so try and redecorate your tank to eliminate the territorial areas of the tetras...

Give it a try and see what happens, I hope it helps.

Hmm that is unusual, I agree with troutfly, it might be a size issue.
The Angel fish at work is well hard, it would make mince meat of our Neons if they kicked off.

:rofl:

How many tetras do you have? Some species of tetras tend to be nippy anyway and are much worse in small numbers. Tetras are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of at least 6. Angels need some sort of hiding places too as they tend to stay near the top of the tank.

there are 3 tetras one is a painted glass and the other two are skirted tetras, and my angel fish are no bigger than these tetras thanks for the advice i do appreciate it.

viperhottie5 said:
there are 3 tetras one is a painted glass and the other two are skirted tetras, and my angel fish are no bigger than these tetras thanks for the advice i do appreciate it.
The fact that the tetras aren't in schools is more than likely the problem. You really need a minimum of 3 of each species but on the glass tetra, try to find some that aren't painted. Painting or dying of fish is very cruel. Besides that, the color will fade and they will not live very long. Even having 3 of each of the tetras may not be enough to keep them from harassing the angel. My understanding though is that the black skirts aren't generally nippy in groups (people suggested that I get those for the community tank I was stocking with angels and tetras). I'm not really familiar with glass tetras as they aren't real common except when painted or dyed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back