My 385L Malawi Tank

just checked nitrite and thats zero aswell. bottle neck says 17A1109. so could be november 2009 or september 2011?

That indicates to me that it expired in November '09 :/

aww #29### :angry: is it worth contacting the seller on ebay? cant believe ive wasted my money

I would give it a go, yes. What`s the point in paying for something that can`t be used as it should be? :/

You`re not on your own though, I`ve just checked mine to see which way the dates run i.e month/year or vice versa and mine are out of date too :crazy: :crazy:
Ebay here I come :rolleyes:

just emailed them now, not a happy chappy :(. on the plus side im doing the 240 mile journey that i talked about on saturday to collect my new stove, so i will try homebase etc for the slate, any other big name shops that sell it? i will try google landscaping shops in inverness and seee whats there :good:

i tried all the big shops and all i could find was stone tiles , i had to go to a landscape supplier for my rocks . as for ebay if the sale was marked as this seller does not accept retuyrns theres not a whole lot you can do really . . you could try emailing ebay themselves to see if thety can resolve it .

update time: work has started on cutting the wall out and fitting the support lintls and re-inforcing the whole wall for the tank, photos to follow tonight

great choice , superb filters :good: how much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking?

£42 pound. its not very old and has all pipes,spray bar and and even unused media. i was quite happy with that and hopefully will work well with the ex1200 to keep my water clean and free from dead spots

thats a pretty good price mate . it will serve you well for many many years :good:

yeh hope so, i was thinking of using same media setup as in my ex1200 to keep it simple and so i can keep stock of the filters etc. so i will need more bio balls and ceramic rings. that sound like a good idea or am i being daft?

they work just fine with bioballs . i run the sponges in 1 of mine and bioballs in the other `1 :good:

they work just fine with bioballs . i run the sponges in 1 of mine and bioballs in the other `1 :good:
so you have just sponges in one filter and then just bioballs in the other? my ex1200 has , rings and sponge, then bio balls, then 2x sponges, then sponge and filter floss. i was thinking of using the exact same order in the eheim or is that total overkill if the ex1200 is already so full with media?

Most reactions

trending

Back