Mounting A Hanging Mh Fixture Without Hanging It

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Revision17

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got a hanging metal halide fixture for my tank used since it was a really good price.. and I was itching to upgrade from my 28watt CF fixture. This is the pendant.

At first I thought I could build some sort of wood thing which would stand on the floor and hold it, like this:
Code:
   |---------
   |	  light
   | 
   |	  tank
   |	  stand
___|___   stand

ideally I'd like to buy something like this, rather than make it. My initial google search ended with nothing good.. but maybe if there's a name for this type of fixture I could find it easier?

Also, if I could build/buy something which would go on top of my tank (but not a full canopy), that'd work too.

Usually people find it easier to hang it on the wall using shelving brackets or similar; or from the cieling...

If you want to mount it in your canopy go to a picture framing store and get the hangars used for canvas's. They are double screwed and can be screwed into yur canopy. Then with a piece of framing wire you can mount the fixture, will cost you ten bucks.

I used the sliders on a set of dresser drawers from Good will to mount my fixture so it can slide out of the way. The dresser was $8 and I reused the screws.

Not everything in this hobby has to be expensive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back