Most Nutritious Food

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
What is the most nutritious live food out of these to help condition fish for breeding??

Brine shrimp
Daphnia
Bloodworm

Dont quote me on this but i think the bllodworm has most iron and protein and therefore you COULD say that its the most nutritious? but the others may have other beneficial quailities.

What sort of fish?
If it's a Tropheus you will kill it with bloodworms. Mosquito larvae are pretty good for most fish but my favourite is prawn. It is highly nutritious and will bring virtually any fish into breeding condition within a short space of time. Feed it each day in conjunction with other foods and the fish will do the rest.

What sort of fish?
If it's a Tropheus you will kill it with bloodworms. Mosquito larvae are pretty good for most fish but my favourite is prawn. It is highly nutritious and will bring virtually any fish into breeding condition within a short space of time. Feed it each day in conjunction with other foods and the fish will do the rest.

its for tetras and rasboras.
How does it kill tropheus just out of interest??
and how will i feed the prawn i.e. cooked or raw, ejust chop it and put it in tank??? :crazy:

Tropheus are vegetarian and have long digestive tracts. If they eat meat food it starts to rot before it is digested and expelled. This causes internal bacterial infections, bloating and death.

For tetras and rasboras you can use brineshrimp, daphnia, and bloodworms, as well as mozzie larvae, fish and prawn.
You can use raw or cooked prawn it doesn't matter too much. If you have shrimp in the tank then use cooked prawn because it will be less likely to transmit diseases to the shrimp in the tank.
Just cut it into small pieces and offer the fish a few bits at a time. When they no longer show interest in it stop feeding them.
I normally feed pellets and flake first. Then one of the frozen foods and prawn last. The prawn can be fed every meal instead of the other frozen foods if you like.
Generally the more variation they have the better they do.

I've personally found that frozen krill always seems to get my fish fat, active and in the mood ;) . If you are getting fish ready for breeding, then the best thing to do is feed them a variety of frozen (not freeze dried) or live foods to get them in the mood and right state of health for breeding :nod: .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back