Most Expensive Cory's Iv Seen!

ATM I really want a L250 Holy Grail Pleco, but its one of the rarest and most expensive plecos. Huh!, if you thought Zebra Plecos were expensive, the Holy Grail Pleco is summit' else... :drool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I saw an XXL Pleco (I think but am not sure was a Golden Nugget L18?) for £280

Probably the nicest catfish i've ever seen and the most expensive fish in the shop. Followed by £220 rays.

ATM I really want a L250 Holy Grail Pleco, but its one of the rarest and most expensive plecos. Huh!, if you thought Zebra Plecos were expensive, the Holy Grail Pleco is summit' else... :drool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Don't we all lol, expensive is irrelevant though considering there isnt any in the trade. There has only ever been 8 reported to have been imported about 7 years ago i think, and these were as far as im aware completely split so no breeding's unfortunately :(.

Stunning fish though and yes a very expensive fish if they were to ever turn up to have been bred. (very unlikely though)

Don't we all lol, expensive is irrelevant though considering there isnt any in the trade. There has only ever been 8 reported to have been imported about 7 years ago i think, and these were as far as im aware completely split so no breeding's unfortunately :(.

Stunning fish though and yes a very expensive fish if they were to ever turn up to have been bred. (very unlikely though)

:sad:
One day, I'll get a Holy Grail Pleco, one day... :sad: :hey:

:sad:
One day, I'll get a Holy Grail Pleco, one day... :sad: :hey:

I doubt it but it's always good to have hope :) :good:

I'd love some at the minute.

Im thinking of re-stocking my tank and making into a strictly south american tank. But I have a feeling im only going to end up with Bronze (which are great little fish I admit) for the money I want to spend. Pygmys are far too small.

James.
you can buy my gold stripe corys if you want? i have 6 and 4 were from the breeding group. could make a bit of cash on them if you breed them. especially at these prices at the minute :crazy:

Just wanted to say Wildwoods are selling Bronze Corys for £5 each!
HAHA, there 'aving a laugh :lol: :shout: :angry:

So...today I came across the most rediculous (IMO) corys...Albino Sterbai Corys - £12 each! And then later on I saw some near identical Albino Bronze Corys for £1.99. The difference between the 2 species was so slight, the Sterbai was just a little bit more 'stocky' Who would buy £12 corys when you can get a practically identical £2 cory?! :shout:

Who would buy £12 corys when you can get a practically identical £2 cory?
Oh, I don't know. Possibly someone that can appreciate the subtle beauty of the albino C. sterbai and who might possibly wish to attempt to spawn a more difficult species or perhaps requires a Cory that can handle slightly higher temps.

If everything in life were simply about money, there would not be chopped-steak and filet mignon. lol. - Frank

c_sterbai_al_1a_lq.jpg

Who would buy £12 corys when you can get a practically identical £2 cory?
Oh, I don't know. Possibly someone that can appreciate the subtle beauty of the albino C. sterbai and who might possibly wish to attempt to spawn a more difficult species or perhaps requires a Cory that can handle slightly higher temps.

If everything in life were simply about money, there would not be chopped-steak and filet mignon. lol. - Frank
I did consider that but for most average community tanks, no-one in their right minds will shell out a fish that is 6X more expensive than a very similar fish. Anyway most people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between both species. IMO the albino Sterbai Cory isn't even pretty or nice to look at but then again, I'm not a fan of albino fish :rolleyes:

Then there are those who just like to buy things as no one else has them or are to dear for the average person to buy

regards

I felt sorry for the solo green stripe cory in MA,but with a £35 price tag,i passed on that one :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back