Mosquito Mats

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Stickyrabbit

Reaction score
I don't know if any one else is familiar with plug in devices that heat a mat to kill squitos.

Are these ok to have in the same room as the air intake for my fish.
After all they are a lot smaller than people and I am unfamiliar with the physiology of how these things kill the Squito. Don't want to kill my fish.

At work we have a electronic one that zaps the mosquito, turning it into bug dust and skattering the dust all through the air. If it is that kind, then I wouldnt put it the same area. Find out how it kills them. If they fall whole to the gound then I dont think they would be a problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I see that a lot of people have read the post but not much advice.

Unfortunately they give of airborn ......stuff???

They sit in a corner and the bugs die without going near them.

Thhis is a concern for me cos I don't want my fish to die without going near them yeah?

If it were me I would NOT put it anywhere near my tank. It gives off enough stuff into the air to kill a misquito and I would not want that to build up on the surface of my aquarium water.

I saw your first post and didn't really have a reply, so I went and checked with others much more knowledgable than me and all their replies were the same - don't use a mat, but they did think that the electronic one was better because it didn't release any chemicals into the air.

Most reactions

Back