Morecambe Reef And River

pscl227

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
Just moved to Lancaster and have been checking out the LFS, but more specifically I went to Morecambe Reef and River for some water dechlor and food.....

.....Went in, inital impressions were good, unique underground layout with some interesting species i had never seen before. Then as i looked harder i noticed there was maybe 1 dead or dying fish IN EVERY OTHER TANK! I pointed this out to the sales guy and asked him if he has had a disease outbreak or something, he shrugged his shoulders and explained there was no outbreak he knew of and usually cleans up the dead every evening.

If this wasnt enough, there were 2 fully grown common plec ~11-13" in a 4x1x1 tank that were not for sale!

Personally i find the sight of dead/bloated/dying/suffering fish very sad and disheartening, I know you will occasionally see the odd dead fish in a LFS but the shear volume in this shop was just shocking.

So long story short, avoid like the plague!

Hi i have used reef and river for many years now and the help and service you get is in my opinion very good. They also have a very good range of fish for the size of the place.

I would recomend it to anyone wanting to buy fish in the area.

Mick

Hi,
Just moved to Lancaster and have been checking out the LFS, but more specifically I went to Morecambe Reef and River for some water dechlor and food.....

.....Went in, inital impressions were good, unique underground layout with some interesting species i had never seen before. Then as i looked harder i noticed there was maybe 1 dead or dying fish IN EVERY OTHER TANK! I pointed this out to the sales guy and asked him if he has had a disease outbreak or something, he shrugged his shoulders and explained there was no outbreak he knew of and usually cleans up the dead every evening.

If this wasnt enough, there were 2 fully grown common plec ~11-13" in a 4x1x1 tank that were not for sale!

Personally i find the sight of dead/bloated/dying/suffering fish very sad and disheartening, I know you will occasionally see the odd dead fish in a LFS but the shear volume in this shop was just shocking.

So long story short, avoid like the plague!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back