Molly Not Swimming Well

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishfood123

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 90 litre tank currently housing 1 bristlenose plec, 3 balloon mollies (2 female 1 male), 2 albino Buenos ires tetras, 1 silvertip tetra, and 2 rosy tetras. my problem is to do with one of my balloon mollies not being able to swim so well. it doesn't happen so often but when it does she kind of just stays still and her head turns toward the top of the tank. it only lasts for about 2 seconds but  most of the time if my albino Buenos ires tetras see her like that, they will try and nip her fins.
evilmad.gif
 when I first got her they were really nipping her a lot and her tail fin nipped got a quite but what they nipped has grown back. its definitely not swim bladder because she can easily swim otherwise.

I'm quite new to this and I'm  only 11 so please no mean replies.
Thanks! 
fish.gif
good.gif

Hi!
Sorry there's been no replies.
If the mollies healthy than its probably OK just to leave her.
You need to get more tetras because they will nip less if they can fight amongst each other and they are schooling fish so they'll be much better in a group of 6+ .
You need to rehome one group of tetras and make the other 2 groups have 7 members each.

Crikey TT, you've been trawling the lower echelons there!

FishFood, if you happen to look back in, firstly sorry that we all ignored your first post. What TallTree01 has posted is pretty sensible advice. BA Tetras are quite nippy little things, but getting more of them will definitely help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back