Mollie illness

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ted H

Reaction score
My black mollie has a slight blue/grey colouring to its skin and fins (in small patches ), I initially thought it was white spot as there were a few white spots on the fins and added treatment to the water .
Both of the mollies have it , one more than the other..They both seem very active and feeding well..They dont appear to be swimming oddly nor are they rubbing themselves against any rocks etc. Im a bit stuck to identify whats wrong as the symptoms dont seem to match with anything in my books.
None of the other fish in the tank seem affected

-_- Are the patches fuzzy looking? Have you added any new fish recently? Can you please provide a little more information about the tank?

My black molly once has a large grey fuzzy patch behind his eye, and it turned out to be fungus. I treated him with Jungle Fungus Clear Tank Buddies and he healed up quickly. If the problem is a fungus, I would advise you to lower the temperature a bit to slow down the growth of the disease. :thumbs:

its not so much fuzzy looking .... the best I can describe is hes been "spray painted ".... all the water parameters are fine, ph 7 ammonia and nitates zero nitrites 10.....I have a gourami which i treated for fungus ( took him out and put him in a seprerate tank). no other fish seem affected , just the mollies.
I also have a slight covering of brown alge in the tank ...hope this extra info helps

Ted what i find with black mollies when i kept them in the past they were very prone to white spots! any chance thats the problem?

Smyth19 .. thanks for your reply . I thought about whitespot but it desn't fit with the description ....the greyness is more patchy than "grains of salt "

Most reactions

Back